10 Celebrities who have won breast cancer
In this October Rosa, a month that aims to draw attention directly to the current reality of breast cancer and the importance of early diagnosis, the My Life has selected some women who have overcome this disease and who are an inspiration to those who have already suffered or are undergoing treatment. Check below:
1. Elba Ramalho
Elba Ramalho - photo: Divulgação / Google
In 2010, singer Elba Ramalho discovered that she had a lump in her breast. Due to illness, she needed undergoing surgery and radiation therapy. The 5mm nodule had hormonal origin and low malignancy, presenting no more severe complications, both in the structure of the breast and in the postoperative treatment. After the full recovery, Elba returned to the life she had before the illness and whenever she can stress the importance of doing preventive examinations.
2. Jane Fonda Jane Fonda b>
Jane Fonda was diagnosed with non-invasive breast cancer in 2010 and subsequently underwent a mastectomy in November of that year , when he recovered from the disease. The tumor was discovered early on during a routine mammogram. For this reason, the actress considers herself a lucky person to be able to treat cancer quickly.
3. Patrícia Pillar
Patrícia Pillar - photo: Divulgação / Google
It was during a self-examination that the actress noticed a lump in her left breast. In 2002, Patricia revealed that she had a rare type of breast cancer, called Paget's disease, which involves the skin of the nipple. At first, she suspected that the symptoms were a simple dermatitis, but after specific tests the cancer was found. The actress had to undergo chemotherapy to overcome the disease.
4. At age 72, actress Arlete Salles discovered a malignant lump in one of her breasts in January 2014, which was removed by surgery. Like any other person with breast cancer, she had to fight a lot against the disease, having to undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatments. However, by the end of the year, Arlete had already finished the treatment and revealed that she was already "fully healed."
5. The actress discovered that she had a genetic mutation (BRCA1) increasing the risk of developing the disease, which is why in 2014 she performed a double mastectomy as a form of prevention against the disease. breast cancer. With this decision, the chances of her developing cancer dropped from 87% to 5%.
6. Kathy Bates
Kathy Bates - photo: Divorce / Google
Known for her characters in "American Horror Story," actress Kathy Bates has battled cancer twice. In 2003, she was diagnosed with an ovarian tumor, needing to perform all the necessary treatment to cure the disease. But nine years later, in 2012, she discovered she had breast cancer. After the discovery, she decided to have a double mastectomy. And fortunately he did not have to undergo radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
7. Carla Visi
Carla Visi - photo: Divorce / Google
Former singer of the band Cheiro de Amor, Carla Visi has been battling breast cancer, discovered in April this year. After a self-examination, she eventually realized she had a lump on her right breast. Therefore, he decided to go to the doctor to perform the specific tests, discovering then that he had cancer. Due to the characteristics of Carla's cancer, the surgery was preservative, where only the lump was removed. After the surgery, the singer has started to perform the chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormone therapy sessions.
Cynthia Nixon Cynthia Nixon b> photo b> Cynthia Nixon was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. When she learned of the small tumor located in the her right breast, she had to undergo surgery and a six-week radiotherapy treatment. The actress was careful not to change her routine during treatment so that no one would know about her case.
9. Joana Fomm
Joana Fomm - photo: Divulgação / Google
The actress has gone through a long struggle to overcome breast cancer. In 2007, Joana was diagnosed with the disease, two tumors in one breast and three tumors in the other. Because of the cancer, she had to undergo a double mastectomy and used the silicone prosthesis soon after. But in interviews, the actress revealed that she did not like the surgery and that her breasts had not been symmetrical.
10. Sheryl Crow
Sheryl Crow - photo: Publicity / Google
In 2006, the American singer discovered breast cancer. However, due to early diagnosis, she did not need chemotherapy, but had to undergo surgery and have radiation therapy. Because of her fight, in 2016, Sheryl Crow inaugurated a breast cancer diagnostic center called the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center. The space was set up in Los Angeles, United States.
Especially in large metropolises, the poor quality of the air we breathe is worrying. Experts point to it as one of the great villains responsible for not only respiratory but also cardiovascular diseases. The burning of fossil fuels releases a number of particles harmful to health and, the smaller they are, the more dangerous.
Hysterosalpingography is an x-ray examination using contrast to check the anatomical conditions of the female reproductive organs: uterus and tubas. Hysterosalpingography is an examination usually performed to check for abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes of patients who are not able to conceive, but also to check for abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes.
- Eliana says her baby will be born healthy and without sequela
- Long life is associated with sleep quality
- Medicine can mimic exercise benefits to health
- Last night (02), the elderly Marietta Spencer published in her Facebook one of the most popular videos in the world. video in which she is playing a play on her husband, Tommy Tyks. In the recording, made by herself, the lady pretends to do a magic for her husband, but in fact everything is a trick.
- 5 Benefits you did not know about Buscopan