10 Minutes of meditation may help an anxious person, study finds
A study conducted by the University of Waterloo found that performing 10 minutes of daily conscious meditation can help lessen anxiety.
The study, which evaluated the impact of meditation with 82 participants who have anxiety. "Our results indicate that mindfulness training can have protective effects in the minds of anxious individuals," said Mengran Xu. "Our results indicate that mindfulness training can have protective effects in the minds of anxious individuals," said Mengran Xu , a researcher and doctoral candidate in Waterloo. "We also find that the practice of meditation seems to help anxious people shift their attention from their own inner concerns to the external world of the present moment, which allows them to focus better on a task at hand."
The term mindfulness is commonly defined as paying attention in the present moment, and without judgment.
As part of the study, participants were asked to perform a task on a computer while undergoing disruptions, in order to divert the focus. The researchers then placed the participants in two randomized groups. One of the groups needed to hear a story while.
When the groups returned to their primary tasks, the scientists realized that those who did not meditate had a harder time getting back on their feet.
"The wandering mind accounts for almost half of every person's daily flow of consciousness," Xu said. For people with anxiety, repetitive thoughts can negatively affect their ability to learn and complete tasks. The study, co-authored by Waterloo psychology professors Christine Purdon and Daniel Smilek and Paul Seli of Harvard University, was published in Consciousness and Cognition.
Soft drinks stand out as one of the most important sources of dental caries in the diet, reaching people of all ages. Acids and acidic byproducts of sugar present in soft drinks demineralize the tooth enamel, contributing to the formation of caries. In extreme cases, demineralized enamel combined with inadequate brushing, bruxism (grinding habit) or other factors can lead to tooth loss.
Eat better, sleep well, meet with friends. These and other habits help us to ensure a better and longer life. Check out 12 essential measures to increase your life expectancy and live with more quality. Science proves. 1. Eating better The care with what goes on your plate is one of the central points to achieve a higher quality of life.
- A study released by the Brazilian Ministry of Health is not a good idea to make good food choices, by eating an inadequate and very greasy diet. Saúde points out that Brazilians do not feed properly and still cross the border when it comes to saturated fat. The data were obtained through a survey of the Surveillance of Risk Factors and Protection for Chronic Diseases by Telephone Inquiry (Vigitel).
- Homeopathy doctor can help with common everyday issues of women
- Pre-bariatric diet: the importance of food re-education for positive results
- Yoga can help stroke victims regain balance
- Brainspotting helps you to improve professional performance