12 Tips to lose weight after age 40
Many may have heard the phrase "sooner rather than later". The famous popular saying applies to many situations, including healthy living. If you are over 40 and think it is too late to start eating better or exercise, you need to rethink the subject.
In an interview with Daily Maily, Oxford doctor and professor Ruir Gray revealed that getting rid of bad habits - even after age 40 - can help you have a healthier old age. In addition, it showed the importance of having a healthy diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, vegetables, oilseeds, grains and other foods.
The teacher also spoke about the malfunctions of industrialized foods, causing an increase in obesity worldwide and could cause various diseases such as stroke, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers. Check out 12 simple tips that helped you lose weight after age 40:
1. Check your weight once a week, always at the same time.
2. Practice physical exercise and decrease the amount
3. Find a network of support and encouragement, such as diet programs and group of friends who want to lose weight.
4. Sleep the
5. Sit down to make the main meals, even if you're in too much of a hurry.
6. Eat in smaller dishes, they ensure a greater sense of satiety and move away the idea of deprivation.
7. Sit and concentrate for one minute before beginning to eat.
8. Place the knife and fork on the table after bringing the food to
9. Do not read or watch TV while eating, as it may end up with an empty plate but no memory of actually consuming food.
10. Spend less time sitting during the day. Even people who work in front of a computer or need to stay in a chair, take breaks to move. At home, talk on the phone and watch TV standing.
11. Eat more purple foods as they are associated with a longer and healthier life by being rich in polyphenols. Then, invest in blueberries, eggplants, purple cabbage, grapes, etc.
12. Reward with pleasures that are not associated with food.
Dietary sweetener is produced from sweeteners, natural or artificial substances responsible for flavor candy. They have a sweetening power often much higher than cane sugar (common sugar) and are recommended for special diets such as restriction (especially in diabetes) and weight loss. Currently there is a wide variety of sweeteners such as cyclamate, sucralose, acesulfame-K, stevioside, aspartame, among others.
Although it tastes irresistible, soda is one of the main food villains because it has no nutritional value. According to Regina Carrijo, Coordinator of Nutrition of Hospital Santa Catarina (SP), the excessive and long-term consumption of the refrigerant is due to a large amount of sugar, sodium and several artificial substances.
- Mother creates party space for autistic children
- Science proves benefits of sleeping without clothes
- What happens to the brain the moment we die? Scientists discover how neurons behave just before brain death. Understand what happens and how scientists discovered it
- See how to wear sports sweatpants and sweaters in a sophisticated way
- Anvisa suspends lot of medicine used to treat melanoma