12 Tips to lose weight after age 40
Many may have heard the phrase "sooner rather than later". The famous popular saying applies to many situations, including healthy living. If you are over 40 and think it is too late to start eating better or exercise, you need to rethink the subject.
In an interview with Daily Maily, Oxford doctor and professor Ruir Gray revealed that getting rid of bad habits - even after age 40 - can help you have a healthier old age. In addition, it showed the importance of having a healthy diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, vegetables, oilseeds, grains and other foods.
The teacher also spoke about the malfunctions of industrialized foods, causing an increase in obesity worldwide and could cause various diseases such as stroke, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers. Check out 12 simple tips that helped you lose weight after age 40:
1. Check your weight once a week, always at the same time.
2. Practice physical exercise and decrease the amount
3. Find a network of support and encouragement, such as diet programs and group of friends who want to lose weight.
4. Sleep the
5. Sit down to make the main meals, even if you're in too much of a hurry.
6. Eat in smaller dishes, they ensure a greater sense of satiety and move away the idea of deprivation.
7. Sit and concentrate for one minute before beginning to eat.
8. Place the knife and fork on the table after bringing the food to
9. Do not read or watch TV while eating, as it may end up with an empty plate but no memory of actually consuming food.
10. Spend less time sitting during the day. Even people who work in front of a computer or need to stay in a chair, take breaks to move. At home, talk on the phone and watch TV standing.
11. Eat more purple foods as they are associated with a longer and healthier life by being rich in polyphenols. Then, invest in blueberries, eggplants, purple cabbage, grapes, etc.
12. Reward with pleasures that are not associated with food.
At the age of 52, the "Picks Game" jurist from SBT, Flor took advantage of the "Silvio Santos Program" vacation to make some changes in the body. At the beginning of March, she underwent two plastic surgeries: she put silicone on her breasts and did a tummy tuck. "I put a 335 ml prosthesis because I did not have any breasts, since I lost 33 pounds in total in the last two years , there was a lot of skin left over, then I decided to do the abdominoplasty and I also had a laser lipo to stimulate the collagen in the thighs and knees, I was excellent, I'm happy and want to make other changes.
Going to meal replacement shakes is not new in the world of dieting. But according to nutrologist Roberto Navarro, a member of the Brazilian Association of Nutrology (ABRAN), if the shakes have an adequate nutritional composition, they can be adopted as a weight loss strategy . "A meal is usually 500 calories, if you eat a whole plate, and the shake of a suitable brand will have the same nutrients, but with a smaller number of calories," says the expert.