15 Questions you've always wanted to ask about sex and intimate health
Many doubts circulate in internet groups and forums about intimate and sexual health. To help you figure out the answers to these questions, we've put together the most popular ones here and get the help of subject matter experts to unravel them. Check it out:
01. Is it normal to feel colic after sex? "Before, during and after sex, because of the stimulation of the pelvic floor muscles and the uterine wall, it is common for some women to tolerate minor spasms and minor cramps," says gynecologist and mastologist Cecilia Pereira, of All Clinik Rio de Janeiro. However, one must be aware of the intensity of pain and it is not normal to experience high-intensity pain. If this happens, it is necessary to seek a gynecologist to investigate the problem.
Cecilia emphasizes that the position in the sexual act and the size of the penis can contribute to the increase of the discomfort, but as the vagina is an elastic and adaptable organ, in the In most cases, the couple can figure out the best way to reach pleasure without pain.
2. Calming does not hurt, but it's important to remember that sex is a great ally for stress relief because the hormones released in the sexual relationship bring the feeling of pleasure and relaxation. According to Cecilia, the body does not change for a long time without sex, what can occur is an inhibition by the insecurity of doing something in which the habit is lost
03. Is it possible for a woman to have an orgasm while she sleeps?
It may happen, but it is unusual. "What can happen is that the woman during sleep has dreams that can provoke sexual arousal and she ends up waking up with a greater sensitivity to having orgasms in the sequence, either with the sexual relation itself or with masturbation," explains the gynecologist Edilson Ogeda, coordinator of the Nucleus of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Perinatology of Samaritano Hospital of São Paulo.
04. It is necessary to pass the underwear or to boil it to avoid illnesses?
There is no obligatoriness, but Cecilia explains that the big problem is in the humidity of the piece: "It is known that the heat of the iron or even of the dryer of hair helps to dry the panties more, thus preventing women from using it even with a certain humidity, which in turn can be harmful. "
05. Can I get some kind of infection by having sex in a pool or in the sea?
Gynecologist Julio Mayer de Castro Filho, from the network of medical centers dr.consulta, says that yes, this habit can present risks. "It is possible to catch infection by having sex in a pool without proper water treatment, especially in unfamiliar places (motels, for example)." In addition, penetration into water without insoluble lubricant can cause trauma to the genitals,
"Drying the panties in the bathroom is not a good habit, because the bathroom is a place that suffers a lot of contamination, besides receiving constant moisture," says Cecilia. It turns out that, often without realizing it, the woman wears a panties that apparently is dry, but still has moisture, favoring the growth of fungi that can unbalance the vaginal flora. "The best option is to dry the panties in a sunny or airy place," she says.
07. Do certain sexual positions tend to cause vaginal infections?
Julio explains that the sexual positions themselves can not generate infections. What may occur is that during sex, some trauma in the intimate region. "This could serve as a gateway to some germs, and some positions can be uncomfortable for women who have, for example, a retrograde uterus (uterus facing back)," he recalls. So, it is best to seek the help of an expert if you experience pain in relationships.08. Can I use moist wipes every day in the intimate area?
"This will depend on the sensitivity of the woman.For those with more resistant skins there is no harm in this, but others with sensitive skin may have allergies, local discomforts and, ultimately, vulvar and vaginal infections, "warns gynecologist Flavia Fairbanks of the FemCare Clinic. However, even without the signs of irritation, it is important that wet wipes are used only in emergencies, since the best way to ensure intimate hygiene is bath
09. Sometimes I feel something "dripping" on my panties. What is this?
The vagina is lined by a secretory mucosa and responsive to the hormonal oscillations of our menstrual cycle according to age. What we feel is nothing more than the physiological vaginal content, that is, healthy mucus that helps maintain vaginal pH, flora balance, lubricating and even helping the woman to identify the ovulatory period, depending on its consistency "When the secretion gets a different color, odor or blisters, it may mean that something is wrong and an appointment with a gynecologist is necessary," says Cecilia. > 10> Is the undergarment bad for the intimate area?
The best thing is that the lining is always cotton, okay? "In addition, lace panties do not hurt as long as they are not used often and exclusively," "Lubrication in the sexual act depends on several factors, some directly related to the stimulus received by the woman." Unlike the home m, a woman's sexual desire often depends on the preliminary acts of sex, place, security with partner and body. But not only that moment is responsible for the lubrication of women: the use of hormonal contraceptives, the state of menopause, the postpartum period and stress can also affect the desire, "says Cecilia.This problem can have the most varied diagnoses and therefore it should be checked with a specialist.
12. Jeans can cause discharge, is there any model that should be avoided?
"Jeans can cause discharge if it is too tight. I prefer to use parts with lighter tissues, especially women who have recurrent candidiasis, "says Julio.
13. Do you have to wear long pants or wet bikinis can cause fungal infections?
Know when you go to the beach "Cases of fungal infections are frequent in these conditions, because they develop in high temperature, damp and humid environments," he says. Women with large breasts are more likely to have breast cancer?
The emergence of breast cancer may be associated with many factors, but breast size is not one of them. "Big breasts, but with a lot of fatty tissue have a lower risk of developing the disease than small breasts, but with a lot of glandular tissue. The risk of breast cancer is associated with family history, obesity, smoking, few pregnancies, short breastfeeding, among others ", points out Edilson.
15 There is a risk of contamination when washing clothes of people with STDs along with those of other people in the household?
"Most agents that cause sexually transmitted diseases can not survive outside the body. Therefore, this risk is negligible, "says Julio. P>
The soap used in laundry is the only way to sanitize intimate pieces.
BIOFILME plaque, which is the most current term, is defined by the layer of microorganisms that is firmly adhered to the surfaces of teeth. BIOFILME is made up of many colonies of bacteria, mucosal cells, blood cells, enzymes, minerals, proteins, pigments and food debris. It can be considered an ecosystem and undergoes continuous changes, varying in composition in the different places of the mouth, and person to person.
- HIV testing uses saliva and can be done three months after the risk behavior. Aids: oral test guarantees more than 99% of correct results
- How dental health and heart disease are connected
- Understand the differences between natural childbirth and normal childbirth
- Lack of sexual desire interferes with self-esteem
- Physiotherapy is important who suffered injuries in the column