16 Health films to watch on Netflix
If you're looking for movies full of life lessons and motivational stories to watch, your place is here. We have selected the most inspirational health stories on Netflix, which will give you another world view. Check it out and enjoy:
1. Based on Stephen Hawking's biography, the film portrays his fight against a degenerative motor disease, which was discovered when he was only 21 years old, and how , despite these mishaps, Stephen managed to become one of the greatest scientists today. In addition, the film tells about his unconditional love for his wife, who was present at all times. Check it out!
2. The Cure (1995)
The Cure - Photo: Reproduction / IMDb
A boy overcomes the barrier of prejudice and becomes very friendly with a seropositive. When the two boys learn that a doctor from New Orleans has discovered the cure for AIDS, they decide they will try to reach him. See now.
3. Alice Howland is a Harvard professor and specialist in linguistics. She is happy for what she has built, both personally and professionally. However, she slowly begins to forget certain words and get lost in the streets of New York, and when she is diagnosed with Alzheimer's completely changing her life. Watch here!
4. The 43-year-old Jean-Dominique Bauby, editor of Elle magazine, suffered a stroke and went into the with the. Waking up 20 years later, he discovered that he had lost the ability to move and talk, his only form of communication was behind the left eye. However, Bauby refused to accept his fate and learned to communicate by blinking letters of the alphabet, and forming words, phrases and even paragraphs. And so he managed to write a memoir. Check it out!
5. When Annie Parker discovers that she has cancer, the same disease that has caused the death of her mother and sister, she loses control, and your life becomes chaos. Determined not to give up, she relies on the help of a researcher who is trying to prove that the cancer can be genetic. Filled with emotions and discoveries, the film is a great inspiration. Check it out!
6. After suffering a serious accident and becomes quadriplegic, a millionaire decides to hire a troubled young man who has never had the slightest experience in caring for people in his state. Gradually the friendship between them establishes itself, changing the life of both. See now.
7. Pictured in the '60s, the film tells the story of Malcolm Sayer, a neurologist working in a psychiatric hospital, where patients are apparently catatonic. However, he believes the condition of these people could have been caused by an extreme form of Parkinson's disease, so the doctor asks his superiors to treat them with L-dopa, a drug used to treat the disease at the time. Watch here!
8. When diseases begin to smarter than doctors, it's time to attack them from another angle. This documentary explores the decline in antibiotic efficacy and the recent and alarming rise of drug-resistant microbes, the so-called superbugs. Check it out.
9. Alive Inside (2014)
Alive Inside - photo: Reproduction / IMDb
When the mind deteriorates, the soul dances. Science shows how right music can rescue lost memories. The documentary aims to demonstrate the ability of music to help combat memory loss by restoring the identity of depressed or forgetful people. The film features a number of reports from Americans who have witnessed the difference the music provides, as well as bringing testimonials from experts on the subject. Get it now!
10. My Beautiful Broken Brain (2014)
My beautiful broken brain - photo: Reproduction / Netflix
This original documentary from Netflix brings the story of Lotje Sodderland, who After suffering a stroke at age 34 and losing speech , she made her recovery a project, recording frustrations and achievements by relearning to speak, read and write. Watch here.
11. A couple is informed that their only daughter, Kate, has leukemia, a type of cancer of the blood that begins in the bone marrow and in the Most of the time it has unknown origin, and it has few years of life. The doctor suggests that parents who manage another child for him be a compatible donor with Kate. Willing to save their daughter, they accept the proposal. Thus Anna is born, who at dawn gives blood from her umbilical cord to her sister. However, over the years Anna needs to perform other procedures to help her sister, tired of being subjected to it, she decides to face her parents and fight in court for medical emancipation. This is a movie full of conflicts and twists, that excites and brings a reflection to life. Check it out!
12. In this drama based on a true story, psychiatrist Nise rejects the electroshock therapy used to treat her schizophrenic patients. "Nise: The Heart of Madness" (Nise: The Heart of Madness). So she takes over the occupational therapy industry, where she starts a new way of dealing with patients, through love and art. See now.
13. A road of light (2008) Camino is an 11-year-old girl who faces completely opposite times in her life: the pre-teen yearning and discoveries and the imminence of death. After being diagnosed with a rare and extremely aggressive tumor, she is deprived of several things. However, not even the mishaps of a serious illness are enough to obfuscate the light that carries within it. The film, based on actual events, provides an exciting inspiring experience of love and faith in life. Check it out!
14. The film brings the story of Tristan, an autistic boy who has stimuli when he comes in contact with orcas. However, the way there was not easy. After seeing a documentary of an Argentine forest ranger, Lola, the boy's mother decides to embark to Patagonia with the autistic son, hoping that a guard and orcas will help him to find his emotions. Autism is a developmental disorder that usually appears in the first three years of life and compromises communication skills and social interaction. Watch the movie now.
15. Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain, optic nerves and spinal cord (central nervous system). This is because the body's immune system confuses healthy cells with "intruders," and attacks them by causing injuries. Based on the true story of Ramón Arroyo, this is a film full of twists and overcoming. After receiving the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis already in an advanced state, Ramón can not imagine his life being dependent on the care of another person. Signs of the disease are progressing more and more, and being the evaluation of doctors it will be unable to walk 100 meters within a year. However, he decided to face these adversities and is enrolled in the "ironman", a triathlon competition composed of 3.8 kilometers of swimming, 180 of cycling and 42 of racing. See here!
16. Before departing
Before leaving - photo: Reproduction / IMDb
Billionaire Edward Cole and mechanic Carter Chambers are two terminal cancer patients in the same hospital room. The film shows the obstacles that people suffering from the disease need to face, such as chemo and the time they need to cut their hair. Afraid I did not live long enough, Carter decided to write a list of things he wanted to do before he died. Upon learning of her, Edward proposes that they perform it, so they flee the hospital to enjoy their last moments. Check it out!
Nesta week, a very emblematic scene was aired in the novel "A Força do Querer" by Rede Globo. In it, the characters Irene (Débora Falabella), the lover of the story, Joyce (Maria Fernanda Cândido), the wife, and Ritinha (Isis Valverde), who is Joyce's daughter-in-law, docked in a bathroom because of Eugenio (Dan Stulbach ), the husband in question, who was not even present.
Everyone wants to live many years, does not it? But have you ever wondered if you are adding more points against the favor in the quest for longevity? For this reason, a study by the University of California, USA, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in 2013 listed a number of factors that may increase the chances of death in the next 10 years.
- Intragastric balloon: everything you need to know about treatment
- 10 Myths that nutritionists want you to forget
- The research was conducted by scientists at the University of Denmark who evaluated 31 young people aged 18-35 for more than six weeks and found that the use of Ibuprofen for long periods interrupted the production of testosterone, the main hormone responsible for male fertility.
- Piercing on the tongue: what is oral health care?
- Echocardiogram: examination makes a diagnosis of heart disease