en.aazsante.fr

The Largest Portal Of Health And Quality Of Life.

5 Things that can happen if you run away from the prostate and urologist

5 Things that can happen if you run away from the prostate and urologist

You Have you ever had a rectal exam? Young men usually have nightmares about the day's arrival, and the older men, who need to take the exam from age 40, run away from that possibility. Fear, prejudice, shame. A mixture of feelings that keep men away from doctors' offices and, worse, put their health at risk.

This is because the faster a disease is diagnosed, the greater the chance that it will be resolved and you can be cured. This rule is even more important in the case of prostate cancer, because it is considered a silent disease. So the My Life asked the help of experts to understand everything that really can happen if you do not stop your bullshit and keep avoiding taking the touch exam. Believe me, you will prefer to go to the doctor:

1. Your prostate may grow too much without you knowing

And you will only notice when it is causing some very unpleasant symptoms. It is called benign prostatic hyperplasia. "The prostate growth that most men can have is benign, but with the increase it causes obstruction below the bladder, so the bladder can stop working and even affect the health of the kidneys," says urologist Rafael Buta, of the Alliance Oncology Institute.

And there's more: "The touch examination helps in the diagnosis of benign prostatic enlargement, leading to symptoms such as pain, burning, urgency and urinary incontinence," says urologist Danilo Galante, of the MedPrimus Clinic São Paulo.

2. You may discover an advanced cancer

As we said above, prostate cancer acts silently. "When the cancer reaches the stage of symptoms, it is usually more complicated to cure the disease," says Buta. And the more advanced the disease is, the more aggressive the treatment should be, which can affect several other factors. "Erectile dysfunction comes with the treatment, because when the disease is more aggressive, the surgery ends up being proportional, it can have erectile repercussion," he points out. "The chances of metastasis depend on the time that the cancer is developing and the degree of cancer, but even a high-grade cancer, when treated at the beginning, is less likely to metastasize" , says Buta. In addition, when quickly diagnosed, the cancer has a 90% chance of cure. "While this rate drops to 10% in advanced tumors, early-stage tumors usually do not have metastases and when diagnosed the chance of cure is high," adds Galante. You can suffer from the effects of andropause: low libido and erectile dysfunction

Yes, andropause, like the menopause of women. "Every man in his or her 40s may have declining testosterone production, which drops by 1% to 2% a year, varying according to lifestyle." Androgenic disorder, better known as andropause, causes decreased libido , erectile dysfunction, difficulty in controlling diabetes, high blood pressure, among others, "says urologist Rafael Buta.

5. You will not know your risk factor for other diseases

The urologist is just one of the doctors men should visit, but they do not. "Many times the urologist is the man's gateway to the health center. He's never been to the cardiologist or the endocrinologist," says Buta. "Because of this, the urologist plays a key role in identifying the patient's risk factor and referral to other specialists. Many patients arrive saying that this is the first time they go to the doctor, which prevents the diagnosis of several other diseases that affect the health of man, "he adds.


Vigorexia and anorexia are motivated by excessive beauty patterns

Vigorexia and anorexia are motivated by excessive beauty patterns

The excessive appreciation of aesthetics by modern society has made its victims both among men when it comes to women. Excessive vanity can lead to obsessions over the perfect body, causing a distortion of self-image - that is, one looks in the mirror and sees fats or imperfections that do not really exist - and triggering pathologies that at first glance are radically opposite, but when they are best analyzed, they are, in fact, very similar: anorexia and vigorexia.

(Health)

Anvisa releases new drug to treat breast cancer

Anvisa releases new drug to treat breast cancer

The National Agency of Sanitary Surveillance (Anvisa) has approved a medicine for the treatment of breast cancer that causes fewer side effects than traditional chemotherapy. The action is possible because the drug acts directly on the tumor, rather than affecting all the cells in the body. The drug trastuzumab entansin (also called T-DM1) is indicated for an advanced breast cancer, identified as HER2 positive, which corresponds to 20% of all cases of the disease.

(Health)