6 High fat foods you could eat
Good fat foods help prevent diseases and are energy sources
There is a popular saying that not everything is what looks. When we hear the word fat, we certainly associate it with something bad and unpleasant. But not quite. Fat is an essential nutrient for our body as it works as a reserve of energy and prevents diseases. What we need to know is: which ones are considered good and which foods to find them in.
Fat contains important nutritional components, such as minerals, iron and protein. Broadly, it is divided into three groups: saturated fat, unsaturated fat and trans fat, and each has its respective divisions. Unsaturated fatty acids, for example, include mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which have good nutritional quality. The same goes for trans, as long as it is of natural origin - the artificial ones, those used in fried foods, biscuits and salty snacks, should be avoided.
Good fat foods are found mainly in grains, seeds, dairy and meats . Among the healthiest fats known are omega 3, present in fish, and those derived from vegetable oils, important for the control of triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Some myths about fat are demystified, the next step is to identify in which this nutrient is present. Remembering, of course, that consumption should be moderate and balanced with other sources of nutrients. The following is a short list of foods with fats that are worth to our body.
- Avocado: It is one of the most fat rich foods good. The ideal amount of consumption is up to half a fruit per day
- Eggs: In addition to fat, they are sources of protein. Ingesting them for breakfast brings satiety for longer
- Almonds: Rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat. The caloric content is high, so consume with parsimony
- Brazil nut: Although high in calories, it is high in protein. One unit per day helps prevent cancer and slows aging of our cells
- Fish: Tuna, sardines, salmon have the famous omega 3 fat. It helps in fighting stress, helps concentration and better heart health. The ideal consumption is twice a week
Hibiscus tea is prepared with the dried flower bud calyx called Hibiscus Sabdariffa, which is not that kind of hibiscus normally found in the gardens. The beverage has several antioxidant substances, such as flavonoids, especially anthocyanins, which have a cardioprotective and vasodilatory effect and contribute to avoid the accumulation of fats.
Professor Barbara Regina de Oliveira, 31 years old , spent much of his life in a constant struggle with the balance, something that caused him suffering. "Maybe someone who has never been obese does not know how sad it is to suffer a lifetime because of their weight, what it is like to be humiliated as a child with bad nicknames and be rejected as a teenager.