7 Celebrities suffering from lupus
In Brazil, we do not have exact numbers, but estimates indicate that there are about 65,000 people with lupus, women.
There is no definitive cure for lupus, however, treatment is essential to control symptoms and improve the quality of life of people with the disease.
To raise awareness of the importance of early diagnosis, My Life has selected some celebrities who suffer from lupus and have inspired people who are also being treated. Check below:
1. By 2015, singer Selena Gomez told fans she had been diagnosed with lupus and has since been battling the disease. Last year, she shared a message on social networks that she had undergone a kidney transplant as part of her lupus treatment. Learn more about the case here!
2. Astrid Fontenelle
Astrid Fontenelle - photo: Publicity / Google
Presenter Astrid Fontenelle was diagnosed with lupus in 2012 and since then enjoys talking openly about her fight against the disease. In 2013, she gave an interview in the program of Marília Gabriela telling a little about how she lives with lupus. According to the presenter, to control the symptoms of the disease she needs to take more than 45 tablets.
3. In 2010, singer Lady Gaga revealed in a TV show that she had been diagnosed with lupus. According to the pop diva, her case is genetic. However, so far Lady Gaga has not had any symptoms.
In addition, the singer also suffers from fibromyalgia. Last year, due to the complications of the disease she had to cancel a show at Rock In Rio. Check out more here!
Seal - photo: Divulgação / IMDb
The striking scars on Seal Singer's face were caused by lupus. Although Seal did not say much about it, in an interview with the British newspaper Mirror in 2009, he said he was diagnosed with the disease at age 21. Besides the brands, the singer also ended up losing his hair due to illness.
5. Michael Jackson has been diagnosed with generalized lupus erythematosus and vitiligo between the late 1970s and early 1980s during a consultation with dermatologist Dr Michael Jackson. Klein
6. Nick Cannon
Nick Cannon - photo: DivulgaÃ§Ã £ o / IMDb
In 2012, presenter Nick Cannon, former husband of singer Mariah Carey, was diagnosed with lupus. The discovery came after he needed hospitalization for kidney failure and had two blood clots in his lungs caused by the disease.
7. Toni Braxton
Toni Braxton - photo: Divulgaon / IMDb
A few years ago, singer Toni Braxton, 49, struggles with lupus. The diagnosis came after she needed hospitalization for inflammation caused by the disease. Since then, the singer has supported a number of causes aimed at spreading more about lupus throughout the world.
It has long been thought that infarction and other cardiovascular diseases were a major concern for men. And in fact, they suffer a lot more heart attacks than they do. However, women aged 15-29 tend to die more from heart attacks than men, until this curve reverses. See the chart below: Female Infarction Symptoms What not everyone knows is that the symptoms of a heart attack in women are often different than in men.
First of all, let's explain what a cyst is in mammals and their types. Well, a mammary cyst corresponds to a dilatation of one of the mammary ducts, being filled with liquid in most cases - to this type we conceptualized as a simple cyst. Simple cyst is responsible for most cases of breast cysts and has no relation to risk of breast cancer.
- Sleeping with the light on may increase breast cancer risk by 14%
- Hormonal oscillation favors weight gain in women
- Overcoming: How Daniel lost 22 kilos and ran a half marathon
- Facial Moisturizer: we have 10 questions about the right way to use
- Brain-related Discovery Linked to Anxiety, Eating Disorders and Addictions