8 Exciting movies about breast cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women worldwide. In Brazil alone, it accounts for about 28% of new cases each year, among all types of tumors that affect women. In order to raise public awareness about the prevention of this disease, the October Rosa campaign was created, which aims to strengthen the Ministry of Health's recommendations for the early diagnosis of breast cancer and to demystify concepts related to the disease. looking for movies full of life lessons and motivational stories to watch, your place is here. We have selected the most inspiring scripts about people who have faced breast cancer and who will bring you another world view. Check it out and enjoy:
1. When Annie Parker discovers that she has cancer, the same disease that has caused the death of her mother and sister, she loses control, and your life becomes chaos. Determined not to give up, she relies on the help of a researcher who is trying to prove that the cancer can be genetic. Filled with emotions and discoveries, the film produced by Netflix is a great inspiration.
2. In this small documentary, Cristina, 37, is fighting a battle against breast cancer while encouraging others to take advantage of the present. The film shows the obstacles that every woman faces during this struggle: discovery, treatment and family. Although she is going through the most difficult time of her life, she does not give up what she believes in and continues to struggle against everything that is happening.
3. Jess and Milly have been best friends since childhood. Jess and Milly have been best friends since childhood. While Milly married, had two children and built a successful career, Jess decided to lead a quiet life with her husband Jago. After undergoing a treatment, Jess finally manages to become pregnant. But the news comes just when Milly discovers that she has breast cancer and needs to undergo chemotherapy, which will require support not only from her friend, but from the entire family.
4. Side by Side (1998)
Side by Side - photo: Divulgaon / IMDb
A young woman of twelve and a boy of seven, children of separated parents, do not accept the new girlfriend of their father. The boy even tolerates the situation, but the teenager does not settle for the divorce and the fact that his father and the girlfriend live together, because this means that the chances of reconciliation of the two are almost nil. However, unexpected news makes the relationship between them begin to change: the mother of children discovers a malignant tumor in the breast. For these reasons, everyone must overcome their differences and help each other.
5. A group of middle-aged friends takes on the challenge of returning to the old college basketball team and competing with the current winners. Training as much as possible, they want to receive the award to help an institution that treats breast cancer. The film brings a great exercise of awareness about the disease with great sensitivity.
6. This film tells the true story of Dr. Dennis Slamon, who spent 12 years working on the research of a promising drug called Herceptin in an attempt to find a way to live (2008). discover the cure for breast cancer. So he raises funds for his research and recruits volunteers for clinical trials, bringing hope to thousands of patients. Currently, the drug is already used in the treatment of up to 25% of cases of breast cancer, according to the Brazilian Society of Mastology.7. Lipstick: Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy (2006)
Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy - photo: Divulgação / IMDb
The Lipstick: Why I Wore Lipstick for my mastectomy ") tells the story of Geralyn, a 27-year-old newly-married journalist who receives two stories that will transform her life completely: the first is that she will have the opportunity to work on her dream job and the other is that she is diagnosed with a malignant tumor in the breast. However, she decides to face the disease with optimism and with an incredible red lipstick, symbol of that determination.
8. The widow Aurora and her daughter Emma, though they love each other, have a conflicting relationship. However, everything changes when her daughter finds out she has cancer and at the same time learns of a betrayal of her husband. So she needs her mother's support so she can get through this battle. A beautiful and inspiring story.
If you're looking for movies full of life lessons and motivational stories to watch, your place is here. We have selected the most inspirational health stories on Netflix, which will give you another world view. Check it out and enjoy: 1. Based on Stephen Hawking's biography, the film portrays his fight against a degenerative motor disease, which was discovered when he was only 21 years old, and how , despite these mishaps, Stephen managed to become one of the greatest scientists today.
What is it to be a pessimistic person? He who is pessimistic has the characteristic of seeing, thinking, feeling and interpreting things around him on the negative side and tending to expect the worst. Those who are in this emotional state experience the opposite of optimism and have difficulty perceiving the good side of things.
- Cancer cases could jump from 12.7 million in 2008 to 22.2 million in 2030, the study says.
- Sweet potato helps to lose weight and is a source of energy
- Research indicates new genetic therapies for cancer may have serious side effects
- Dengue vaccine: understand how it works and who can take
- Learn how to combine prints and textures in one look