8 Professions that cause weight gain
Have you ever stopped to think about your profession can be damaging the loss of those extra pounds? According to a survey conducted by CareerBuilder, 55% of professionals consider themselves overweight and 41% have reported gaining weight in their current job.
Professions with the highest weight gain
- Administrative assistant (69%)
- Engineer (56%)
- Teacher / Instructor (51%)
- IT Manager / Network Administrator (51%)
- Lawyer / Judge / Legal Professional (48%)
- Machine Operator (45%)
- Scientists (39%)
- "Weight gain at work is usually combined with bad eating habits when you are very busy and do not have time to include physical activity in the hectic routine. Two out of five professionals do not exercise regularly and one in ten do not does absolutely no type of exercise, "says Rosemary Haefner, CareerBuilder's vice president of human resources. "It does not matter if you're going on a daily walk with a colleague, or if you take advantage of the company's welfare benefits, it's important to find a way to be active."
Causes for weight gain
Eat a lot of outside at restaurants and malls (26%)
A lot of sweets available at work (17%)
Happy holidays (17%)
Pressure to eat food that colleagues take to work (9%)
Corporate meals such as celebrations and birthdays (4%)
When a couple receives from the doctor the diagnosis of infertility and indication of treatment, does not have the slightest idea of what has become an assisted reproductive technique. Both believe that as soon as they start treatment, they will have the long-sought child in their arms. However, the reality is not always the same.
A study by the North American human resources consultancy Right Management states that motivation can increase employee productivity by up to 50%. The survey was conducted in more than 15 countries, including Brazil, and was attended by more than 30,000 employees. In the evaluation, participants could disagree or agree on more than 90 statements involving the company in which they worked .
- Chat with Flavia Calina: book, infertility, breastfeeding and more
- Ministry of Health launches campaign aimed at the health of trans people
- 7 Pillars for a lasting relationship
- After weighing almost 300 kg, woman slimming 120 kg after medical alert
- Smoking increases the risk of death from prostate cancer