8 Professions that cause weight gain
Have you ever stopped to think about your profession can be damaging the loss of those extra pounds? According to a survey conducted by CareerBuilder, 55% of professionals consider themselves overweight and 41% have reported gaining weight in their current job.
Professions with the highest weight gain
- Administrative assistant (69%)
- Engineer (56%)
- Teacher / Instructor (51%)
- IT Manager / Network Administrator (51%)
- Lawyer / Judge / Legal Professional (48%)
- Machine Operator (45%)
- Scientists (39%)
- "Weight gain at work is usually combined with bad eating habits when you are very busy and do not have time to include physical activity in the hectic routine. Two out of five professionals do not exercise regularly and one in ten do not does absolutely no type of exercise, "says Rosemary Haefner, CareerBuilder's vice president of human resources. "It does not matter if you're going on a daily walk with a colleague, or if you take advantage of the company's welfare benefits, it's important to find a way to be active."
Causes for weight gain
Eat a lot of outside at restaurants and malls (26%)
A lot of sweets available at work (17%)
Happy holidays (17%)
Pressure to eat food that colleagues take to work (9%)
Corporate meals such as celebrations and birthdays (4%)
Uruguayan soccer player Luis Suárez was penalized by FIFA for not playing for nine games of the Federation and was banned for four months of any activity related to football after the episode in which the Italian opponent Giorgio Chiellini bit the World Cup game on June 24. A recurring behavior, which has been repeated twice in the last four years of his career.
Some conflicts between the couples could be avoided if we knew to relieve certain things which are considered "personal," when in fact they are no more than a gender issue. That is: a large part (I am not generalizing, but really is the majority) of people acts simply because they are male or female.