9 Care to prevent illness in the office
Many of us probably spend more hours of the day with co-workers than with family. We share workstations and meeting rooms, not counting the coffee machine and the birthday cakes in the cup.
Closed spaces with a large concentration of people provide conditions for the transmission of some diseases, especially those that pass from person to person through droplets of saliva present in coughing, speech and also on the surfaces of hands and what is touched. This is the way the flu is transmitted, for example, and also other diseases such as mumps.
These two viruses are easily transmitted, but have the advantage of being quickly recognized - no colds go unnoticed, just like those with mumps usually it presents with fever, malaise, pain in the body and in the head and pain and swelling in the parotid, which is a gland that produces saliva and is just in front of the ear.
Tip 1: For this reason, the first Tip to avoid diseases at work is not to go to the place when you have the symptoms, this way you can protect colleagues and also make your body recover faster. In the case of these infections, the vaccine may also be indicated.
The difficulty is that influenza and mumps viruses can be transmitted a few days before the onset of symptoms. It is for this reason that some measures should always be applied even when there is no one (apparently) ill around:
- Tip 2: Cover your mouth by coughing and sneezing, then washing your hands more than one gesture of good manners, it is a gesture of respect for the people around us.
- Hint 3: Keeping hands clean, washed with soap and water, or with alcohol gel is an effective way to prevent infections.
- Tip 4: It is important to remember that everything that is touched repeatedly is dirtier - including soap and hand towel. Thus, these supplies should be changed frequently and, if possible, measures to minimize handling should be preferred, such as disposable paper towels and liquid soap.
- Hint 5: Clean hands should contact clean surfaces and it is important to frequently clean heavily handled objects, such as knobs and keypads.
- Hint 6: Food must be packed in a protected and adequate way for a suitable time as well as the hands should be cleaned before meals
- D ica 7: Food residues, including beverages, allow the proliferation of bacteria and fungi that may be harmful to health. So do not leave that bit of tea in the mug without washing.
- Tip 8: Not only foods, but also places where they are stored and prepared should be kept clean. Coffee makers, including capsules, often contain coffee and water residues, which must be cleaned. Standing water is not only a risk for mosquito breeding, but also for bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
- Tip 9: Air conditioners and water humidifiers should also be regularly cleaned - water in these appliances can also be a reservoir of microorganisms, including Legionella pneumophila , a bacterium that can cause pneumonia.
It is important to remember that in the closed places, such as offices, schools and other institutions, the appearance of several cases of the same disease should be notified to the health authority of each region for evaluation of appropriate measures for investigation and prevention of new cases.
The body is a perfect machine. As if in each of his armored cell protections they were always ready to defend us from the enemy. Clinical, nutritional and hormonal imbalances are not always perceptible. They are signs of wear and degeneration in the body, and are often aggravated by stress caused by day-to-day running and lifestyle.
Irreversible bone resorption due to periodontal diseases is the focus of a study to change these circumstances for future patients. A British research team, led by Dr. Louise Belfield, is seeking a way to reprogram the immune system to stop bone destruction, which can progress to the loss of the dental element in severe periodontal disease.
- Hypertension: music is allied against the disease
- 5 Tips to make chicken much more tasty
- Dr. Bacteria teaches how to sanitize the 4 dirtiest places in the kitchen
- New consensus on premature ejaculation points to psychological aspects as cause of the problem
- Employee sends email requesting clearance and company CEO gives surprising response