9-Year-old boy suffers heart arrest while eating hot dogs
An amazing story has been drawing the attention of doctors and netizens. In early September, the cable news channel CNN reported the news of a 9-year-old boy had a cardiac arrest after giving a bite to a hot dog in Turkey.
The boy was taken immediately to the nearest hospital. Despite the shock, the story had a happy ending: after the defibrillation, the child was resuscitated and fully recovered.
The event intrigued the doctors, since the boy did not have cases of cardiac problems in his family history. the first suspected that it would be another case of choking, very common among children. p>
However, in conducting a deeper analysis of the incident, the specialists found that the problem was not caused by choking, as expected, but rather for a rare syndrome in which the child suffers.
According to research led by Isa Ozyilmaz, a physician at Mehmet Akif Ersoy Hospital, who specializes in research and thoracic and cardiovascular surgeries, the hot dog piece stimulated the vagus nerve. extends from the head to the abdomen).
In this way, this stimulus generated an abnormal heart rhythm in the boy, causing his heart to stop abruptly from beating . After performing a series of tests, the team discovered that the boy had Brugada Syndrome.
What is Brugada Syndrome?
Brugada syndrome is a problem of hereditary heart rhythm. According to Anne Dubin, a professor of pediatric cardiology at Stanford's Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, the diagnosis for the syndrome is difficult and difficult to diagnose. there are still no exact numbers of carriers. However, doctors claim that the majority of people who develop symptoms of Brugada syndrome are men between the ages of 20 and 60, which makes the case of the Turkish boy extremely rare
"With regard to symptomatic Brugada syndrome, in pediatric electrophysiology 23 years ago, and I've probably only seen two or three cases, "commented Dr. Anne. If you have a family history of people who die suddenly, for no known reason, or if you have someone in your family who was diagnosed with Brugada syndrome as an adult, took the children for an evaluation. "
Following that, doctors implanted a defibrillator in their boy's chest to prevent sudden cardiac arrest in the future. "This is much more normal in adults, but sometimes it happens. There is not much that we can do for people, and the main way to treat them is with a defibrillator," she said. for most children, doctors and parents need to be aware that Brugada Syndrome can be life-threatening for younger people.
"Children suffocate with hot dogs and food all the time and pediatricians presume that this is always a question of airway. But this case report indicates that children who choke on food and have cardiac arrest also need to be examined for Brugada, "said Elizabeth Saarel, chief of cardiology at Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital and a spokeswoman for the American Academy of Pediatrics.
A lack of estrogen causes vaginal atrophy (AV), which is a condition characterized by: dryness, inflammation and thinning of skin and mucosal structures that line the genitals and urinary tract infections. The estrogen hormone is responsible for the maintenance of collagen that maintain the elasticity, thickness, moisture of the skin and its vascularization.
On Friday (17), it was triggered by Federal Police the Operation "Weak Meat", which brought to the fore the sale of meat not suitable for consumption by large slaughterhouses operating in the country. According to the investigation, rotten meat was given ascorbic acid, a carcinogen capable of "masking" the appearance of the overdue product, which was then repackaged.