A single donation of blood can save up to four lives
According to WHO, a total of 92 million blood donations per year are carried out in Worldwide. In Brazil, according to Ministry of Health data, 1.9% of Brazilians donate blood regularly. Although it is within the 1% to 3% parameter defined by the WHO, this number still needs to improve.
Furthermore, the Official Gazette of the Union, Portaria 1,353, which establishes the new Technical Regulation on Hemotherapy Procedures, with new criteria for blood donation in Brazil. The new legislation establishes guidelines for increasing security for those who donate and receive blood in the country and increase the age range for candidates for donation. With the measures, the Ministry of Health expects that approximately 14 million Brazilians will be encouraged to be potential donors.
Man donating blood - Photo Getty Images
It costs nothing and is worth
The lack of stockpiles of blood in a hospital can lead to the cancellation of surgeries and procedures. One example is the patient undergoing chemotherapy, since if he does not receive transfusion support, he may not be able to resist the treatment. "In addition, it can be a huge loss to the patient to postpone cardiac surgeries, kidney transplants, liver, bone marrow transplants, among other procedures that require blood and platelets," says biomedical Cinthya Duran. An adult person possesses on average five liters of blood and in a donation are collected at the maximum 450 ml. That is, it is less than 10% of all your blood. Those who wish to donate blood will undergo a previous outpatient evaluation that aims to detect some impediments, such as diseases, for donation.
Blood bag - Photo Getty Images
According to the coordinator of Unifesp's blood center in São Paulo, Rudneia Alves, it is important to demystify the belief that the blood donation is useful to know your health conditions, because of the examinations that are done. "The donor must be in a totally unselfish spirit," she says. "If the person has any suspicion of having a health problem, he should not try to solve it by donating blood because, although comfortable, this attitude may represent a risk to the recipient.
- From the new legislation, young people between the ages of 16 and 17 (with the permission of their parents or guardians) and the elderly up to the age of 68 can also donate blood to the donor. Brazil
Weigh more than 50 kilos
- Be rested
- - Have not drunk alcohol in the last four hours
Have not received a blood transfusion in the last 12 months
- Do not have a fever , flu, or cold
- - If a woman is not pregnant, breastfeeding or has had a normal birth or abortion for less than three months. In case of cesarean, six months
After piercing, wait three days to donate
After a tattoo, wait 12 months
- - After influenza or rubella vaccine wait 30 days
After H1N1 influenza vaccine wait 48 hours
- Have no history of hepatitis after 10 years of age
- - Do not have a history of chagas disease
- Acupuncture - being patient's own needles, there is no impediment
- If you have been in high areas incidence for yellow fever, malaria, donate after 6 months
- Hypertensive patients may donate depending on the situation evaluated at a clinical interview
- Diabetics not using insulin
- Dental treatment
- Time varying between three days and one month depending on the case
- - Food - do not donate on a long-term fast.
Having observed these criteria, the rest is very simple:
- In the morning: have light coffee and no fatty foods;
- Afternoon: donate two hours after lunch
- Do not eat high-fat meals;
Take a photocopy of the photo /
- Know the full postal address with the postal code to send the donor card and the results of the examinations
- Men can donate every 60 days (respecting the limit of four donations per year) and women every 90 days (respecting the limit of 3 donations per year).
Can not go to the bathroom every day? Know that this can be one of the causes of stress, abdominal discomfort, bloating, insomnia, malaise and even hemorrhoids. Constipation, or constipation, can be defined as decreasing toilet visits with increased stool consistency. However, adopting certain habits can help reduce constipation symptoms and all symptoms.
Of all questions related to the spine, ranging from posture to strengthening structures, among others, herniated disc is certainly the most awakened interest . This is because pain related to disc hernias is the most common complaint in chronic spine pain clinics. There are several causes for the problem and the correct cause must be identified before indicating the appropriate treatment.