en.aazsante.fr

The Largest Portal Of Health And Quality Of Life.

Allergy to the absorbent: what to do and how to avoid

Allergy to the absorbent: what to do and how to avoid

Absorbent allergy is a type of contact dermatitis. In this picture there is an inflammatory response in the skin resulting from exposure of external substances, which are foreign to the body. The reaction produces a skin action that may occur by non-allergic mechanism, characterizing contact dermatitis by primary irritants, or is caused by an allergic mechanism characterizing an allergic contact dermatitis.

Skin in contact with any substance may present a a reaction that manifests with itching, redness, appearance of papules or vesicles and, in a chronic phase, desquamation, in addition to alteration of skin color.

Contact dermatitis is one of the most common skin diseases observed in today's society . Studies suggest that 20% of the world's population is at risk of developing the disease. It is more common in adults than in children and is rarer in the black race.

Why does allergy to absorbent happen?

There is no reason why a woman should begin to have allergy to absorbent components.

Among the components of the outer absorbent are: cellulose fibers, sodium polyacrylate, thermoplastic adhesives, polyethylene, polymer fibers with cotton extract and silicone paper. The inner absorbents have cellulosic polymers, thermoplastic resins, textile content in the absorbent core of 100% rayon. These substances may be related to plastic, perfume, synthetic materials and therefore may cause skin reactions and have a positive result in the so-called allergy contact test.

This test should be performed by an allergist specialist, who will place in the patient's posterior thorax adhesive tapes containing substances that may trigger a reaction. It is the one who will determine which substance is causing the allergies and may indicate the best treatment.

The test is performed for one week in three steps. The patient, for example, who uses the inner absorbent containing rayon, in the contact test may be positive for the PPD-MIX substance. The polymers relate to various substances present in the recently launched nail contact test battery. There are several contact test batteries such as: cosmetic, regional, nail, food, corticosteroid plus 30 standardized starting substances.

What to do if I start to have an allergy to the absorbent?

One Once the allergy diagnosis of the absorbent components is carried out, the woman can find on the market a hypoallergenic absorbent, which is made from organic cotton, natural and free plastic materials, perfumes, chemical additives and synthetic materials, are considered ecologically correct (biodegradable), but with a higher price than ordinary absorbent.

The menstrual collector can cause allergy?

The menstrual collector is a body-adjustable silicone cup that is placed in the entrance of the vagina and collects the blood of menstruation. When compared with absorbents up it is considered to be less likely to cause allergy, but silicone may actually cause allergic reaction.

Is the absorbent allergy related to toxic shock syndrome?

Allergy caused by the absorbent is an allergic contact dermatitis, ie contact with the substances that make up the absorbent is what causes allergy to the skin. Toxic shock syndrome is a cluster of symptoms caused by a bacterial infection.

Bacterial toxins, such as Staphylococcus aureus , cause fever, diffuse rash, peeling of the hands and feet, nausea, vomiting , generalized muscle pain, drop in blood pressure, platelet fall, liver impairment, altered level of consciousness, and may trigger serious reactions such as acute renal failure, multiple organ failure, and death.This syndrome can happen if the woman uses an internal absorbent for more than 8 hours. Blood accumulated over a long time is a conducive medium for the emergence of bacteria and viruses. The current internal absorbents are better than those of decades ago and currently this syndrome is not common. It is recommended to change the inner absorbent every two to four hours and wash the hands in the placement and removal of the absorbent.


Experts take 6 doubts about self-medication

Experts take 6 doubts about self-medication

Who has never taken an over-the-counter remedy for a headache? Or did you ask the opinion of a family member about which medicine to take on an occasion? Although self-medication serves as a solution to the rapid relief of some symptoms, it is necessary to be very careful, as this practice can have serious consequences for health.

(Health)

Nail biting can be harmful to your teeth

Nail biting can be harmful to your teeth

Nail biting can be a difficult habit to give up, but if you do not give up, your dental health may suffer much more than your manicure. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, children or adults who chew nails can fracture, chip or wear their anterior teeth because of the stress caused by the habit.

(Health)