Body already feeling losses after 10 days without training
In today's subject we will address some concerns that everyone should have after resuming training. This can happen after a vacation, sick, injured, travel, hard work, end of the year and even having left the gym.
We improve our physical condition because our body is a very intelligent machine and works with an evolution through stimulation, inflammation and adaptation. In a conventional workout in the gym, at home, in the park or with a personal trainer we usually work, among other physical abilities, muscular strength, flexibility and cardiopulmonary fitness. When performing an exercise (stimulus) we are actually provoking this physical capacity and forcing it out of its comfort zone (homeostasis). In doing so, we will practically cause an injury (inflammation) to this capacity and after this frame our body will recover, but will work to reinforce its protection (adaptation) so that a new stimulus suffers less. Everything is very beautiful. In any other situation in life, what you gain is yours, but with physical activity it is different. She is ungrateful because as soon as you stop doing it you will begin to lose the benefits that it has brought you, and the tendency is to go back to the initial state.
The longer you stand still the greater will be the loss of everything you have conquered until you get to the previous starting point or even worse beyond it. The losses will depend on some factors such as the time you were already training, history and lifestyle associated with physical activity, accomplishment of complementary activities, physiological individuality, frequency and intensity of training and what was the activity practiced. some studies related to this topic point to significant reductions in these capacities from 10 days without training for people who started and performed for 90 days a program of physical activity oriented three times a week. The investigations observed the following changes after the period without physical activity:
Cardiorespiratory system: reduction of up to 10% of what was achieved after 10 days stopped
Muscle strength: reduction of up to 15% of what was achieved after 10 days
- Reduction of muscle mass: up to 66% of what was achieved in 10 days stopped
- Flexibility: Reduction of up to 100% of what was achieved after 10 days stopped
- Taking all of this into consideration Stay tuned with your return to practice and make small adjustments by decreasing their intensities a bit to avoid risk. Make sure that the return to the point before the interruption will be much faster than when you started, since the "muscle memory" already enters the scene, but this is a theme for the next article.
Some exercises can help lose belly without leaving home. The goal can be achieved by alternating aerobic exercises with those that strengthen the muscles. And practice can provide benefits that go beyond aesthetics. This is because accumulation of fat in the abdominal area can cause cardiovascular, respiratory and posture problems However, before you start exercising, it is important to talk to your doctor and see if your health is okay.
Treading is not synonymous with killing yourself on the treadmill and sweating desperately. Nowadays there is so much variety of physical exercises that it is easy to find one that suits you. The important thing is not to give up this practice. "From the scientific point of view, physical exercise improves the quality of life, increases the cardiopulmonary condition and improves the cardiovascular system," explains cardiologist Claudio Rangel, of Beneficência Portuguesa Hospital.
- Detox Diet Day Menu with Passion Fruit Juice and Arugula
- Changing the eating habit helps reduce the effects of PMS
- Water promotes internal cleaning and maintains the balance of the body
- Early adrenarche: Understanding the fastest appearance of hair and bones
- Structured rhinoplasty: understand the differential of this type of surgery