Cholesterol is not a health villain. Know Your 9 Functions in Your Body
Cholesterol is often referred to as being a fat. This is often people's first mistake on the subject. In fact, it is an alcohol with a structure similar to that of a hormone, which behaves like a fat, being insoluble in water and blood. Cholesterol, however, has a film of a compound called lipoprotein, which functions as a kind of coating, making it soluble in water and can be transported through the blood. Lipoproteins are described in terms of their density. In general, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) transports cholesterol from cells to the liver, since low-density lipoprotein (LDL) carries cholesterol into cells. Hence the distinction between the two types of cholesterol.
We refer to HDL as good cholesterol and LDL to bad cholesterol. However both HDL and LDL play an important role in the body's biochemistry. And, amazingly, they bring benefits to the body. Some of them are:
Cholesterol is needed for the correct function of the serotonin receptors in the brain, a substance that promotes well-being.
1. Your body uses cholesterol to produce hormones that help fight stress and protect you from heart disease and cancer.
2. Your body needs cholesterol to produce all the sex hormones, including androgen, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and DHEA.
3. Your body uses cholesterol to produce vitamin D, vital for the bones and nervous system, growth, mineral metabolism, muscle tone, insulin production, reproduction and functioning of the immune system. Bile salts are made from cholesterol. Bile is vital for the digestion and assimilation of fat from food.
5. Cholesterol acts as an antioxidant, protecting us from free radical damage that leads to heart disease and cancer.
6. Cholesterol is needed for the correct function of the serotonin receptors in the brain. As serotonin is a chemical that promotes well-being, it is no surprise that low cholesterol levels correlate with aggressive and violent behavior, depression, and suicidal tendency.
7. Breast milk is especially high in cholesterol and contains a special enzyme that helps your baby use this nutrient. Babies and children need foods high in cholesterol for their growth guaranteeing the development of the brain and nervous system.
8. Feeding cholesterol plays an important role in maintaining bowel health. This is why vegetarian eating with low cholesterol can lead to porous bowel syndrome in addition to other intestinal problems.
9. The body uses cholesterol to repair damaged cells. This means that high cholesterol levels are actually beneficial. What is said about fat and cholesterol to harden the arteries is how to accuse white blood cells as the cause of infection, rather than helping the immune system repair the problem.
The next day pill is a method that can be used to prevent pregnancy after unsafe sexual intercourse. Although it is interpreted as a practical solution to avoid unwanted pregnancy, this The Types The market offers two types of pills the next day: Cartel with 1 tablet containing 1.5mg of levonorgestrel Tablet with 2 tablets: each of 0.
Patients with hepatitis B, hepatitis C and / or HIV virus should be followed up. Other infections may occur during pregnancy, such as toxoplasmosis, rubella, or cytomegalovirus, and in this situation the risk of mother-to-fetal transmission varies according to gestational age. Ultrasound examination is very important in suspecting these infections to define the gestational age at which the infection occurred, evaluate the formation of the fetus and follow up of pregnancy.
- Endurance athletes may be more prone to acid erosion and caries
- Dependence too much on others' opinions can reduce autonomy and individual freedom
- Dental Erosion: How It Can Affect Your Teeth
- Consumption of Broccoli Helps Burn Calories Faster, Study Says
- Know the ideal type of hair removal for every part of the body