Delay in breast cancer treatment reduces life expectancy
Journal of Clinical Oncology . For this, 1,786 women enrolled in the health system North Carolina Medicaid diagnosed with cancer of between January 2000 and December 2002. All were followed up until July 2006. The median time between biopsy diagnosis and initiation of treatment was 22 days. Of the total, 66% started treatment within 30 days and 90% within 60 days. One in 20 women studied, however, started treatment 60 days after diagnosis.
Data showed that among those with advanced cancer, a delay of more than 60 days in treatment was associated with an 85% greater risk of death due to problems associated with the disease. The risk of death from other causes, in turn, was 66% higher compared to women who started treatment earlier. For the researchers, the study not only reinforces the importance of conducting preventive examinations, but also adhering to treatment , although the diagnosis points to the disease in an advanced stage. In other words, it is always possible to help the patient. This is what advocate psycho-oncologist Luciana Holtz, president of the Oncoguia Institute. According to her, the more toxic and aggressive treatment of advanced cancer does not necessarily mean more suffering or less optimistic expectations for the patient. "Today there are so many treatment options and drugs that control the side effects that it is possible to provide enough comfort to the individual," he says.
It is worth remembering that each case is a case. "The prognosis of a colleague can not be compared to yours," warns the psycho-oncologist. Although we are bombarded daily with negative news about the disease, the future of each patient is different. After all, treatments are increasingly individualized, increasing the chances of success and reducing side effects.
For this, however, it is essential to attend consultations and schedule exams with discipline. Providing a world of options to the patient will only have some value if he adheres to the treatment. Also remember that you do not have to face the disease alone. Bringing escorts to the doctor and receiving support from the family helps and a lot in the fight.
You see a white dot that may be the first tooth of your child. drink? Between 4 and 6 months of age, your little angel will begin teething. This is an exciting milestone, but sometimes it can turn your little one's smile upside down, since the birth of teeth can be uncomfortable. This rite of passage is an ideal time to collect teething tips and start thinking about dental care.
A new study published in the journal Pediatrics revealed that children with diabetes are more likely to have asthma. In addition, anyone who has both diseases may have even worse control over the rate of blood glucose. The study was conducted by scientists at several universities in the United States, such as the University of Miami .
- Diet with oleaginous and phytosterols helps lower cholesterol
- Sodium hypochlorite has several functions, from washing fruits and vegetables, leaving the water for human consumption until killing the larvae of the mosquito Aedes aegypti, responsible for transmitting dengue, Zika virus, and chikungunya. "Sodium hypochlorite is a salt with great oxidizing power, used as a bleach and disinfectant." It is also known as bleach, says Paulo Olzon, general practitioner and professor at the Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP). of the product to have several us
- Stress, anxiety can lead to grinding of teeth
- Inadequate chewing may contribute to weight gain
- Metadoxil does not eliminate alcohol from the blood and requires prescription