Web site allows you to calculate your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Understand the key factors that contribute to the onset of diabetes
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes can include excessive hunger and thirst, frequent infections, wounds that take a long time to heal, changes in vision, tingling in the feet and boils. The treatment is done to control blood glucose levels, avoiding significant peaks or falls throughout the day. People with type 2 diabetes also have some complications, such as infections, hypertension, and an increased risk of myocardial infarction and stroke.
The best way to avoid the development of diabetes and its possible complications is prevention and awareness of risk factors
Take the risk test
To expand the fight against type 2 diabetes, Novo Nordisk, a company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in the treatment of diabetes, in partnership with ADJ Diabetes Brazil, Drugstore Onofre and drugmaker Roche launched the global "Calculate Your Risk" campaign.
The campaign reinforces the importance of proper diagnosis and encourages reflection on how day-to-day habits can influence the emergence of chronic diseases such as diabetes.
Currently, 193 million people are unaware that they have diabetes. Are you one of them? To point out the problem, our site explains the main factors that put a person at risk, including:
sedentarism (responsible for 25% of cases of diabetes)
- family history (more likely to develop the disease)
- obesity and overweight
- smoking (increases the chances of developing type 2 diabetes by 50%).
- In addition, the site has an online test by which, in just 2 minutes, it is possible to calculate the probability of developing type 2 diabetes. Data such as age, weight, waist circumference, physical activity and feeding are taken into account by the analysis. rate each person as having low risk to very high.
Aware of the importance of the initiative, Olympic swimmer Matheus Santana is the ambassador of the "Calculate Your Risk" campaign. The athlete was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 8 years of age. And since then, he started taking insulin daily. "My intention is to break stereotypes and show everyone that, even though it is a chronic disease, diabetes should not impose limits on anyone's life. "The fact that I discovered diabetes early allowed me to avoid serious complications that even today catch people by surprise, because they can not even imagine that have the disease. "
The story of Matheus shows that even after the diagnosis of diabetes, it is possible to have an active life and practice exercises frequently. With some care and proper guidance from a health professional, the sport may even assist in controlling the disease. Talk to your doctor to start a physical activity program and help improve your quality of life.
With determination and patience you can overcome the various placed obstacles in our lives. At age 28, former gymnast Lais Souza has been winning many victories in her recovery. In their social networks, it shows a little about the evolution of the treatment and gives a lesson of inspiration to others.
Do you snore? If so, we have good news. Your dentist can help you reduce your snoring. Why does the person snore? Snoring occurs when there is airway obstruction during sleep and it can be caused by tongue or soft parts in the mouth. > If during sleep you stop breathing for a few moments, you may have apnea.
- The 61-year-old model surprises by her incredible physical form
- Liposuction ends with localized fat, but requires discipline
- Drinking more than two liters of water may help prevent hyperglycemia
- Testicular puncture: method sucks spermatozoa from the scrotal pouch
- Ladder: exercise slims a lot, defines the butt and strengthens the legs