Discover methods that fight the problem of insomnia
Many people who suffer from insomnia become accustomed to the consequences of the disorder, such as tiredness , excessive drowsiness, irritability, headache, slow thinking and difficulty concentrating, and tends to believe that you will never have a good quality of sleep.
Not true. "The insomnia is curable, but it depends on the person's willingness to change habits and follow the treatment," says the pulmonologist of Instituto de Sono Luciana Palombini. Treating insomnia is essential for maintaining quality of life and health, as psychiatric (anxiety and depression) and cardiovascular diseases can arise as a result of lack of sleep. It is part of the insomnia treatment the use of hypnotic drugs that cause and prolong sleep.
Discover methods that combat the problem of insomnia - Photo: Getty Images
"There are benzodiazepine hypnotics, such as clonazepam, and not benzo-daizinic, such as zolpidem, and the second category is preferred because it has less chance of side effects and dependence, "explains the specialist." It is also possible to use phytotherapics, among them valerian, which is hypnotic , and has no side effects, "he says. Passiflora, melissa and avenna sattiva are other plants that have calming properties and can help the sleeper to sleep better. In addition, there is the behavioral treatment, which, according to Luciana, includes:
1 - Sleep hygiene and stimulus control:
-Manter regular sleeping times and especially wake up;
- Avoid stimulating activities near bedtime
- If, when trying to sleep or after waking up in the middle of the night, the person can not fall asleep again, he should avoid lying in bed thinking of problems. If it takes more than half an hour to fall asleep again, the individual should get up, do some relaxing activity, and return to bed only when he feels sleepy
Practice regular physical activity.
- - Do not take worries and bedtime work to the bed
- Avoid drinking coffee after 6pm and cigarette or alcohol at any time
- Keep the room dark, noise-free and comfortable. P>
2 - Restricting sleep:
"> The person should sleep less than they need for one a period to promote the consolidation of the sleep After this phase, it should return to normal sleep time This procedure should only be done with professional follow-up.
Progressive muscle relaxation and meditation are some of the methods that help those who have insomnia. It is also important to follow a professional, at least initially.
- 4 - Cognitive therapy:
This psychotherapeutic method aims to work out inadequate beliefs and expectations about sleep. Once again, the guidance of a skilled practitioner is needed.
- Before adopting any of these guidelines, you need to seek out a sleep medicine specialist to assess the overall situation of the patient. "You may consider yourself sleepless if you have trouble starting or staying asleep above three times a week for a period of at least 30 days," says Luciana. But complementary tests need to be performed to rule out the presence of other disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
Abrupt stopping is a method of stopping smoking, in which the smoker quits cigarettes at once. In general, the person marks the so-called "D day", in which she will not smoke any more cigarettes at that date. In general, experts ask you to choose a quiet date, but that is also emblematic, such as a birthday, for example.
The popular saying goes: "do good without looking at who". In today's world, marked by individualism and endemic egoism, doing good recalls advertising campaigns that behind the slogan hide various interests of the market economy, where what really matters is the results or, in another language, "to profit without caring who, "at any price.
- 4 - Cognitive therapy:
- Woman is hospitalized with severe infection after going to the pedicure
- Lettuce, arugula, watercress and chard are allies of the diet and rich in nutrients
- Do you recognize the signs of the metabolic syndrome?
- Pum smelling: pill promises to send away the bad smell
- Researcher from Pernambuco studies transmission of Zika virus by mosquitoes