How to insert dental floss into your child's routine?
For proper and thorough oral hygiene of children, good brushing and flossing are very important. Removal of dental biofilm (plaque) by mechanical means, with brushing associated with dental creams and regular flossing, are the most effective methods in preventing caries disease and gum disease. dental floss, it should be used to clean the interdental spaces, where the neighboring teeth contact and retain biofilm and food remains, regions where only brushing is not sufficient for cleaning . The idea is that with this the child see the cleaning of the teeth as a natural thing, as well as to take a bath or to feed.
Although the children are able to learn to floss very small, before the six years of children under 8 years of age are not able to use dental floss correctly because of lack of skill and manual dexterity, and their use at this stage should be performed by parents or caregivers at least once a day. Even if you are between 9 and 12 years old, supervision is necessary.
To floss properly, it is enough for the father or mother to hold it between the thumb and forefinger of both hands and slide it slightly up and down. lowering the plaque between the child's teeth, hugging the tooth, with the wire forming a "C". The wire should never be forced against the gingiva as it may cut or injure the fragile gingival tissue.
Including in routine
It is understood that parents usually feel a difficulty for introduction from habit, requiring patience, insistence and goodwill. It is worth mentioning that the example of parents and close relatives is also fundamental, since the child ends up being motivated to see them using dental floss.
Six tips to make the flossing habit easier and more pleasurable:
Develop ways to make the tooth grow. brushing and flossing for the child. Telling a story about the disgusting and wicked bacteria that want to dominate the teeth and together with the dental floss you will prevent and save the day
- It is super important to explain to the children with a language of their understanding that the dental floss will clean the space between the teeth, where the brush does not enter. Children at this age require much approval and acceptance and love to be praised. Always tell her in a positive and caring way how she is helping and leaving her teeth happy and free of dirt
- Note that for children it is important to have a visual reference to their achievements. One creative way to keep the little ones interested in flossing is to create a progress calendar. Create a calendar that can hang on the bathroom wall, have your child paste a sticker, or mark a star every day he floss. To make it more exciting, combine a surprise prize if it has completed all month, such as a night of stories, a trip to the park, a movie or a little gift
- To make learning to use the yarn even easier, a The way to make this moment more enjoyable is to use songs and play at that time
- Flossing in front of your child helps to emphasize the need to practice healthy oral hygiene habits. Remember, the skills you incorporate into your child's dental care routine today will last for a lifetime.
- For younger children, you can use "fossers" or "plackers", which are already supported with the coupled dental floss. This is a good way to introduce floss to the child because they are easier to handle. They are available in a variety of colors and styles. The technique is the same as traditional ones, inserting gently between the teeth and sliding smoothly from one side of the gum to the other.Is it important for parents to understand the importance of flossing, since it is the only one that prevents the appearance of interproximal caries, which are difficult to diagnose, since they are hidden? between the teeth and end up causing great damage. Children who develop interproximal caries need more complex dental treatments that may be restorative, and may require maintenance or space recovery, and when extensive, may include steel crowns, endodontic treatment, and even dental extractions.
- Establishing healthy habits early is very important for good dental practice and general health of children. Take your child to the dentist to motivate him or her so that he or she can have correct guidance about oral health and flossing.
The concept of family has been changing over the years. On this Father's Day, the company O Boticário launched an exciting commercial, which shows the special relationship between a stepfather and his stepdaughter. The video "Not my father" was created by the agency AlmapBBDO and it is possible to identify several moments lived between a girl and her stepfather, from the first encounter of the two to the frictions of adolescence.
At the beginning of the year, many children are entering school, others are just changing the room and teacher ... But in all those times, adaptation is necessary. There are important points that help a lot at this time. The teacher's welcoming, kind and available posture is the first one. More than organization or fulfilling the planning, in that first moment the children need lap.