Know the psychiatric changes caused by alcohol and drugs
In my last article we talked a little about the relationship between drug use and the incidence of psychiatric illnesses such as depression, panic disorder, bipolar disorder, among others.
We will now address the symptoms produced by the use of some of these drugs and even the most common psychic illnesses. Let's start with marijuana:
- The most common physical effects are tachycardia, reddened eyes, dry mouth, shaking hands, and impairment of motor coordination and muscle strength
- Psychic effects are variable and depend on what we previous article - quantity, time of use and quality of the drug. There may be feelings of relaxation, lethargy, impaired learning and memory, decreased anxiety, increased appetite, euphoria, altered perception of time, colors, sounds, and space. These changes can lead to serious car accidents.
- Higher doses may lead to delusions, hallucinations with loss of sense of reality, and feelings of persecution. It is mistakenly considered a light drug. Recent research from Chemical Research in Toxicology has shown that there are more carcinogens in marijuana than in tobacco. Three marijuana cigarettes produce the same carcinogenic effect as 20 tobacco cigarettes! The Institute of Cancer of São Paulo issued an important warning: the increase of the testicle cancer rate in young marijuana users
- Marijuana use may be associated with depression and panic syndrome more frequently.
With regard to cocaine, we can find:
- Its most frequent physical effects are: increase in blood pressure, temperature, tremor of extremities and mydriasis (pupil dilation)
- Psychic effects are variable and depend on the individual's relationship with the drug. These may include: feeling of well-being, euphoria, increased self-confidence, hyperactivity, disinhibition, decreased hunger and feeling tired. With increased use and quantity there may be anxiety, irritability, apprehension, mistrust, aggression and severe cases of delusions and hallucinations, and "fissure" or compulsive use of the drug In chronic users, a picture of lethargy, hypersomnia (excessive sleep), irritability, depressive mood and, in severe cases, the presence of psychosis and in addition to cases of overdose, Suicides are quite common.
- Similar to cocaine, we have amphetamines and methamphetamines:
Amphetamines are also widely used as weight loss drugs. In general, they cause physical and psychic effects similar to cocaine. They can often trigger typical panic attacks
- and become very dangerous when associated with alcohol. Prolonged use produces severe memory problems and may cause psychotic episodes.
- Ecstasy is a subtype of amphetamines - a methamphetamine. Its use has become frequent at parties. Exhaustion and dehydration are common occurrences and mixing with alcohol can become a true "pump" which not infrequently causes cardiac arrest. Psychosis can also occur in individuals who are predisposed or who reach high doses.
- Alcohol: a danger to the part!
Finally some comments about alcohol: it is known that many people, indeed many people, have a relationship healthy with alcohol, it is part of eating habits and even cultural. It is also known that small amounts of alcohol (in the case of red wine) do very well to health, preventing the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.However, the relationship of the individual with alcohol is not always healthy, and there we will have a huge series of problems for the organism, for the family and for society. Alcohol is known as the "gateway" for the other drugs, and we do not have an adequate public policy of prevention of alcohol abuse directed at children and adolescents.
Among adolescents, alcohol is the main drug of abuse, with 1 in 7 adolescents (16%). having regular episodes of excess consumption. The consumption pattern of Brazilian adolescents is that they consume large amounts on weekends, exposing them to a series of risks such as: accidents, unplanned pregnancy and also the risk of consuming other illicit drugs.
Alcohol is the substance or the best-selling licit drug in our country, also known as the gateway to other drugs
More adolescents die as a result of alcohol use than all other substances combined
- 75% of traffic accidents with fatalities are related to alcohol use
- 78% of cases of domestic violence against children and women are related to alcohol
- Thinking about physical changes, the main one is liver cirrhosis, but there are also cardiovascular complications, increased percentage of cancer and neurological disorders
- As psychic changes we have pictures that vary from the state of "alcoholic coma" - a very serious state and that puts and m risk to the individual's life, changes in behavior ranging from depressive states to states of aggression, impaired reflexes, states of alcoholic amnesia, state of alcoholic psychosis and even alcoholic dementia in severe alcoholism.
- I believe our message final is to give priority to life, seek a healthy life!
What would be a common day at work for Australian coaching Carlie Maree, 31, ended up transforming her whole life. She received an e-mail with the subject "Her husband," in which there was a text written by her lover's lover telling all the details about the relationship they kept hidden. She, who has a two-year-old daughter with the ex, even attempted to re-establish the relationship with his daughter's father.
Some people live "toxic relationships," unfortunately. Some people relate to those who end up doing you more harm than good. But it's never just bad, so there's the relationship. This type of behavior is not the most common and should not be encouraged, but it happens. The main characteristics of "toxic relationships" are: Cause ill being to the next Devalue the partner Offender Not respecting the needs of the other ( a) Do not pay attention to the contract and rules created in the relationship Selfish and unthinking actions Gross and petty attitudes Some people find it difficult to identify that they are in a sick, toxic, , and others not There are people who tend to seek toxic relationships, precisely by the psychological profile.
- Anvisa establishes new criteria for nutritional data on food labels
- The problems of not following the right food in life after bariatric
- Eye drops are the basis for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis
- CA-125: exam evaluates risk for ovarian cancer
- Aesthetic ultrasound: used to break down fats and reduce cellulite