Know the ideal type of hair removal for every part of the body
Not all body regions react to the type of hair removal in the same way. Groin, fluff and inner thighs are more sensitive and require less aggressive methods of hair removal. Learn how to choose the most recommendable procedure for each area of the skin, depending on your purpose.
Women who usually depilate only half-leg use cold wax or roll-on. "The result is more satisfactory and in this area the skin is not as sensitive," explains the Elza epilator, in São Paulo, Fátima de Souza. Already in the thighs and their internal parts, the use of hot wax is recommended, since it is less aggressive and painful. The heat tends to dilate the pores, facilitating the removal of the hairs.
Some men resort to the depilation of forearms and biceps region or by esthetics or to reduce a little excess sweating.
Learn about the ideal type of hair removal for each part of the body - Photo: Getty Images
At the beginning of puberty, when the first hairs appear in the region, it is recommended to remove them with tweezers. The constant use of blades does not tend to thicken the hairs (contrary to what many think), but the continuous sensation of the strands just trimmed, without pulling them out by the root, can generate discomfort. The output is to alternate methods of hair removal, since the waxes require a certain length of hair. Hot versions also tend to darken the region. Many men have wagered on this procedure to reduce sweat odor.
Only use the tweezers if you need to remove one or the other of the thick. If it is to shave, prefer warm wax, which is less aggressive. Some of the alternatives, for those who already have the habit of doing the waxing alone, include ready-made blades with cold wax and depilatory creams (that do not pull the strands, only weaken them and keep them with the root). Depilate your face every three to four hours before you leave the house.
Women who have hair on their nipples can remove them with tweezers or trim with scissors. If you have too much hair, use warm wax. "Men who resort to epilation of the thorax also preferentially use this method", reveals Fatima.
Know the type of ideal hair removal for each part of the body - Photo: Getty Images
It is a very sensitive region and sore to shave. The use of blades can cause allergy and itching in some people, so it is best to use warm, disposable wax. According to Fatima, the most requested alternatives are always based on honey and seaweed, but there are always new features such as chocolate wax and black mud. In this area of the body, it is also not recommended to remove hairs with roll-on or electric wax appliances.
The hair removal (which removes almost or all of the hairs from the region of the vagina and anus) requires hygiene care and the choice of a certified location to do so. Ensure that waxes and utensils used, such as spatulas, are disposable to avoid contamination by fungi and bacteria. If you are going to do it yourself, avoid using blades. As the visibility of the intimate region is very bad, accidents can happen easily, which increases the risk of infections. Depilatory creams should also be used sparingly. Because they are chemicals, they can cause severe allergic reactions in the mucosal region, which are very sensitive. Talk to a dermatologist and take the skin test before using it.
Before and after depilation
- Do not use creams, oils and moisturizers before shaving
- Clean the skin with antiseptic products a few hours before -
- Try alternating methods to reduce ingrown ones
- If you are going to do it alone, before you start, let the warm water flow in the area for three minutes;
- Make scrubs, After epilation, never pass alcohol or creams (at most, a relaxing post-depilatory lotion). The skin should remain dry to inhibit the development of bacteria;
- Try to shave at night as the skin will have more hours to stay away from the sun and tight clothing and will recover better;
- Use only moisturizer after 24 hours. If the area becomes irritated, make compresses with chamomile tea
- Avoid sunbathing 48 hours before and 78 hours after epilation, so as not to smear afterwards or to get injured during the hair removal process
- Avoid expose the skin to sea water and use perfumes for 24 hours after epilation, so that there is no irritation;
- If you tend to have vines, avoid waxes and tweezers, as they favor their breakage. Prefer chemical blade or depilatory cream.
Learn how to have silky hair - Photo: Getty Images As for the different types of yarn, such as straight and frizzy, hairdresser Gennaro Preite says that The first ones are more likely to be oily because they have their cuticles always closed. "The oiliness that comes from the scalp runs along the entire length of the head to the tips, as well as having very thin wires, which makes it even easier to stay.
While women research, test and spend hours to choose the ideal shampoo, cream or leave-in for modeling and treating hair, men do not seem to recognize the variety of products (and often, not even the difference between them) to take care of the hairstyle. "There are a lot of gel and ointment options that leave the look more complete and still protect the wires and the scalp," explains the hairdresser of the Stúdio Tez Esthétique et Coiffeu r, Didi Marques.
- Study finds that mother's kiss can "heal" bruises
- Beans are allied to heart health and help reduce the risk of cancer
- Dialogue between couples can alleviate differences and quarrels
- Migraine may be linked to erectile dysfunction in men
- Mother passes days admiring the newborn son for fear of losing sight