Negative calories kill hunger and accelerate diet
You certainly have a caloric maniac friend. She knows the numbers of all the drinks, snacks, sweets, and tea from the more complicated dishes. But what few people know is food with so-called negative calories. That's right: with them, you lose weight by eating. This is because the digestion of these foods burns more energy than the one contained in them, properly. "This situation is also known as the thermal effect of food or thermogenesis," says nutritionist Fernanda Machado, of the Brazilian Society of Food and Nutrition. "Generally, vegetables can fall into the category of foods with negative calories," says the expert. In the interview you give below, the specialist explains how the reasoning works and how you can use it in favor of your diet.
1. Is the amount of calories consumed in digestion really high? This caloric expenditure varies according to the type of diet. For example, the protein spends more energy (about 25% of the total energy supplied) to be digested than the carbohydrate and fat (about 4%). The more difficult the digestion, the greater the energy consumption. The caloric expenditure will vary according to the Basal Energy Expenditure Total Energy Expenditure (daily energy expenditure with the metabolism) of each individual, representing 5 to 15% of the GET
2. What is the difference between a food with negative calories and one with zero calories?
A food with negative calories is one that has fewer calories than it spends to be digested. This is the case of lemon, tangerine, watermelon, plum, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, cucumber, onion, celery, zucchini, eggplant, cauliflower, turnip and red pepper. A zero calorie food is one that has no nutrients and can even cause illness if consumed in excess, such as diet soda
3. Foods that are easy to digest, like simple carbohydrates, have negative calories? This will depend on the total energy expenditure of each individual and the type of carbohydrate (simple: sugars and starches or composite: fibers). If the energy expenditure is high, it can take better advantage of the food without storing it, but in general, simple carbohydrates and fats have lower caloric expenditure.
4. This work of digestion has as its answer a more intense hunger?
Yes, the faster the gastric emptying and digestion, the shorter the satiety time, which characterizes more intense appetite and, mainly, for carbohydrates.
5 . Do the calories used in digestion vary according to the body? Or is the average very close to reality?
Yes, they vary according to the individual. Each person has a rhythm of life that determines their metabolism and this will directly influence the thermal effect of food.
6. Or is it the opposite, the calories become all the more negative the harder the digestion?
Low calorific value and high fiber content are two determinants to classify the food as negative as to the thermal effect in the digestion process. The more fiber, the more difficult the digestion and the more energy consumed.
7. In general, vegetables and fruits receive the label of "negative calories." To what extent, considering exclusively calories, should they be present in the diet? They are foods that have high content of insoluble fibers and, for the good functioning of the intestine and maintenance of body weight, must be present daily, at least one time in the diet.
8. Is it possible to lose weight thinking only of negative calories? There is a diet based on the concept of "Negative Calories", with good result when the goal is to lose weight. But it should be well targeted not to generate deficiency of some nutrients, affecting the body's balance.9. Is it possible to set up an equation in which these negative calories are subtracted from the amount of energy consumed in the day?
For this it is necessary to calculate the Basal Energy Expenditure, Rest and Total of the individual and analyze the entire diet. . Is it possible to associate negative calories and glycemic index? If yes, in what form? Yes, the higher the glycemic index, the lower the energy expenditure for digestion, ie the calorie is not negative.
Many men do not have the cause of infertility as evidenced by doctors. They are men whose treatment is more difficult and prolonged, mainly in search of an improvement in the spermogram and in the other tests that are used to evaluate the fertility. Eless can be treated with some medicines and vitamins with the intention of improving fertility, although many of them do not have adequate scientific evidence to support such a benefit.
Is it easy to feed yourself? This doubt permeates the activity of nutritionists daily. In my view, eating involves much more than the simple act of swallowing food. There is an emotional value, since when we think of receiving friends at home, for example, one of the main points is what will be served: eating has to do with affection, memories and emotions.