Neurofibromatosis: Symptoms and Treatments
Neurofibromatosis is a rare genetic disorder that usually manifests itself with the presence of dermatological (skin) lesions and / or involvement of the nervous system.
There are no symptoms of neurofibromatosis. several ways in which neurofibromatosis can manifest in the nervous system, sometimes benign or malignant, but usually this is due to the finding of tumors that can compromise hearing, vision, motor, language, among others. These tumors are known as gliomas, meningiomas, or schwannomas.
Types of Neurofibromatosis
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 : most frequent, beginning in childhood and resulting from a mutation (genetic alteration) in chromosome 17. Levi coffee-and-milk stain on the skin of the affected person, in addition to the fibroids that are tumors that grow as nodules from the lower layers of the skin
- Neurofibromatosis type 2 : less common, due to genetic alterations in chromosome 22 and usually manifests with hearing impairment due to the growth of benign tumors in the vestibulocochlear nerve, which is responsible for hearing.
Symptoms of Neurofibromatosis
Symptoms of neurofibromatosis will depend on the type of disease and the presence or absence of tumors in the system nervousness beyond skin changes. There may be large variations between individuals, some with many symptoms and others with almost no symptoms from the disease.
In cases of Neurofibromatosis type 1, the most common symptoms are brown spots on the skin, small lumps under the skin, and development, and deformation of bones.
In cases of Neurofibromatosis type 2, the most common symptoms are balance difficulties, gradual reduction of vision or hearing, spinal problems such as scoliosis and vision and hearing problems. Unfortunately, there is still no cure for neurofibromatosis, but the sooner it is detected, the easier it will be to follow this patient, since any symptom will be readily identified (be it neurological, cutaneous or other segment of the body), and the possibility of some treatment may be offered with a better chance of benefit.
The study also revealed that 22% of people over 60 have diabetes in São Paulo. The high index does not only affect the elderly - when compared to all age groups, the city of São Paulo has 23% more cases of diabetes than the rest of the country. The Federal Government's Vigitel study registers a 6.5% incidence of the disease in the country, while in São Paulo the rate rises to 8%.
A couple who undergo infertility problems and who are going to undergo assisted fertilization treatments are asked to examine the karyotype of both, since many The examination of karyotypes, in addition to pointing out a possible genetic alteration that may affect the fertility of the couple, can also guarantee a healthy pregnancy.
- Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples when the hair follicles under the skin become clogged. Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples when the hair follicles under the skin become blocked. Most pimples appear on the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. People of all races and all ages can have acne, though it is more common in teenagers and young adults. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, it is estimated that 80% of peop
- Writing about your mistakes can bring benefits to your life, study says
- 6 Home remedies for sore throat
- 4 Reasons to Watch the "Extraordinary" Movie
- Identify your weaknesses and balance body and mind