New test drug may inhibit Alzheimer's protein
In a survey conducted by the research laboratory A new drug was discovered that could inhibit senile plaques in the brain that would lead to Alzheimer's. The results were published in the journal " Science Translational Medicine ."
The large accumulation of beta-amyloid protein is known to be one of the factors that lead to disease, creating plaques in the brain. The new drug, called verubecestat, works to reduce these plaques, acting directly on the enzyme BACE1, responsible for the appearance of beta-amyloid. Preliminary tests, performed with 32 patients, showed a reduction of up to 80% in levels of this protein. This is not the first time they have tried to create a drug with this function, but so far, all drugs created have had serious adverse effects on patients.
For the first time an oral BACE1 inhibitor drug has been authorized for a new phase involving many patients: about 3,500. Phase 3 of the research should be completed by July 2017 and, if the results remain satisfactory, the pill may be marketed within three years.
Understand how you can overcome the fear of going to the dentist Just thinking about going to the dentist already makes you nervous? This is still common, but with new technologies, procedures and medical conduct this fear is likely to remain in the past. In addition, visiting the dentist every six months has many benefits, including avoiding the need for various uncomfortable procedures.
A new year coming, and with it, the classic ones Promises: How to be a better person, start exercising, change your diet and be healthier. Let's agree, who does not love New Year's resolutions? However, delivering on these promises is a tough thing in most cases, and in 2017 we were impacted by a number of stories that showed how we are becoming less and less concerned about health and well-being.
- A healthy diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, lean meats, dairy products, whole foods and others is essential for that people live longer and with higher quality. Your refrigerator is a great ally for you to consume foods and drinks rich in nutrients! Next, understand how this is possible:
- Foods that affect breast milk
- Vegetarian Diet and Exercise Decrease Risk of Diabetes
- Greek kiss: what it is, benefits and how to do
- Coconut oil: see benefits, ways of use and care