New studies for the treatment of xerostomia
Dry mouth can be a side effect of cancer treatments, since radiation can damage the salivary glands and impair the production of saliva.
US Dental and Craniofacial Surveys believe they can develop a way to repair and regenerate the salivary glands and resolve that problem once and for all. Dr. Matthew Hoffman leads the Institute's Matrix and Morphogenesis department and is senior researcher on this salivary gland regeneration project. He and his team of researchers are striving to identify cells, biological signals and other key factors for the development of embryonic salivary glands.
Continue reading on Colgate's website.
Drinking alcoholic beverages every day or only occasionally, or in any quantity, negatively affects the quality of eating habits. This is what a study prepared by the Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health of the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain) points out. The researchers heard more than 12 thousand people living in the region of Madrid aged between 18 and 74 years.
Thinking about the effect that Halloween party candy has on your children's teeth is enough to make you shiver? Do not despair, you can be careful about your children's health and still let them enjoy the special occasion, dentists say. Continue reading on Colgate's website.
- Cases of leishmaniasis in SP spread, study indicates
- 6 Reasons for Everyone to Talk More About Depression
- Scientists have discovered that when we sleep outside the home, the brain does not rest because it is prepared for danger.
- Débora Nascimento warns followers not to follow fashion diets
- Blood donation: understands the requirements and how is the process