Disney-sponsored research shows the relationship between gender stereotypes and the low presence of women in science and technology, a study shows how the stereotypes diminish girls' interest in science. stereotypes diminish girls' interest in science and technology
"Why are there so few women in the area of Science and Technology ology? " is the question that triggered the study, according to Gloria Bender, coordinator of Gender, Society and Politics in Flacso. The results provide information on the inequality between boys and girls, and gives us an overview of the teaching of these subjects in school.
9 out of 10 girls relate engineering with male skills
40% of girls have math as 23% of boys
38% of boys chose Technology as their favorite discipline, while girls, 7%
- This has consequences when it comes to playing: 77% of boys have fun with electronic devices, against 40% % of girls
- 50% of parents believe that their daughters do not develop interest in Science and Technology because of the low incentive in their homes and schools
- 900 mothers and fathers participated in the research. 88% state that they will support their daughters in any professional decision
- There are several recommendations that the research gives to the education is less stereotyped, however, the change must also occur in the home and in the entertainment areas.
- Psychologist Raquel Baldo, gives some tips to reverse this situation:
- Beware of words and attitudes that may highlight that boys and girls are different
Do not reinforce that behaviors are unique to a gender
To deconstruct the idea that men should care for women
Teach girls to trust in themselves, and to know that they are independent Encourage girls to question any culturally pre-established pattern
- Research has already had positive impacts: Disney content will create products that encourage children to think differently. In addition, brand marketing campaigns will need to have both girls and boys appearing, so there is no targeting.
It is not always that sex is good for women. Among many issues that hinder pleasure in a little known sexual relationship is vaginismus. The condition can be understood as a female sexual dysfunction, which causes painful and involuntary spasms in the vaginal region. In some cases, the pain may be so uncomfortable that it will prevent the intercourse from continuing.
Many people ask themselves: can a hostile work environment lead to serious health problems? And the answer, unfortunately, is yes! Bipolar disorder, panic syndrome and depression are the most common complications. The stress that comes from work, impacts mainly from anxiety and the evolution of this anxiety, it can become a disease.
- See what are the factors that determine the smile aesthetics
- Fallen breasts: see options for plastic surgeries to improve the appearance of the breasts
- Aesthetic treatments can be allied to plastic surgeries on the face
- Muscle Stretch: how to recognize and treatments
- Woman with cancer dies 18 hours after getting married in hospital