Overweight brings risks as well as obesity
Obesity is now the fastest growing epidemic in the world. In addition to the obvious issues related to city infrastructure, which do not include such individuals - such as adapted public transport and restrooms - the health-related structure also does not allow them to have access to all procedures. As an example, most treadmills and hemodynamics tables available, which tolerate up to 130 kg. Computed tomography also has a patient's weight limit and size, leading individuals who are not fit to complete the exam to complete it on veterinary tomography scanners, accustomed to large-weight patients. That is still talking about the structural issue in health. And when we migrate to the patient's microuniverse?
Obesity of the individual
In an academic way, it is important to differentiate between obesity and overweight. A simple way to differentiate the two is by body mass index (BMI). This is the weight in kg divided by the height in meters raised squared. A result between 18.5 and 25 is normal. Between 25 and 29.9 are overweight. 30 or more is obesity. Studies say that BMI greater than 25 increase the chances of disease, and over 30 already almost guarantees the association of obesity with one of these conditions: hypertension, diabetes or pre-diabetes and sleep apnea. P>
But how to differentiate a weight lifter of an obese? Since the weight and height can be the same. In this scenario, measuring abdominal circumference will help a lot. A tape measure can be used to measure the contour of the abdomen with the expired (non-forced) individual at the height of the navel. The normal eh below 82 cm in women and below 95 cm in men.
But we still have a few more things to consider. Oriental, for example has a greater tendency to increase visceral fat, which means that the person is more inclined to store fat in noble places such as blood vessels. This means that the beer belly may be hidden in Asians, as in the coronary, as in the carotid, as in the aorta. And not only in Asians: women and the elderly are also at greater risk of stocking fat in these places.
Understanding the obesity of each
Weight gain should be treated as a serious problem. weight should be treated as a serious problem. Some studies make us believe that an overweight person at 20 years of age will lose one year of life, while an obese person of the same age will lose about four years of life. Looking only at the obese, moderate obesity (35-40 BMI) steals about two to four years of life, while severe obesity steals from eight to 10 years!
That obesity can reduce life expectancy, many already they know. So what can we add to this dramatic picture? Much! One important exercise that must be done to begin treating obesity is to take a step back and see if there is any kind of past condition that may be affecting that person's weight gain or gain. Many do not do this (I have not done it for a long time), but it is essential to understand the condition of that person specifically and what can be done to treat it. Here are some examples:
Sleep apnea can alter the physiology of calorie storage at night, mess up the daily cortisol cycle, and disrupt weight reduction. People with obesity benefit even more from treatment because of this.
There are also diseases that limit the locomotion, such as osteoarthritis or knee injuries due to wear, that prevent a walking orientation. In this case, the best thing to do is to direct activities in the water, where the buoyancy reduces the load, or exercises that can be done lying down, such as sit-ups or bicycle
- Are there medications disrupting weight loss? Some remedies have as side effect weight gain, such as tricyclic antidepressants, propranolol and lithium. One decision to make is whether these nonessential medications can be replaced, so as not to disrupt the treatment of obesity.
- Have you stopped smoking recently? Congratulations, but keep in mind that the first year after quitting smoking is often associated with weight gain. Preventing already starting the substitution of smoking for some physical activity
- Are you aware of an "accordion effect", that is, variations of weight in the attempt to lose weight that make you fat again? In this case, long-term strategies, with a greater focus on food re-education, have more effect than dramatic diets
- Are there signs of depression? Depression and eating disorders are strongly linked. Some simple questions can direct the person to a deeper assessment by a psychologist or psychiatrist. Do you get tired for most of the day? Sad? Problems sleeping or sleeping all the time? Sensation of incapacity or worthlessness or even guilt? Lack of concentration or memory? Thoughts on death or suicide? In these cases, the approach by a multiprofessional team is essential.
- Time to change
- The person needs to be prepared to change. So think:
How important are you to change?
Do you think you can?
- Is there any obstacle preventing this?
- How do you think your family and friends will face it? Will they understand and help?
- Answering these questions helps to prepare the ground and understand the battlefield. It is good to remember that losing 2kg already reduces blood pressure and improves sleep apnea, losing 5kg allows better control of blood glucose and reduction of pre-diabetes, and losing 6kg reduces joint pain in knees. This whole scenario also helps reduce the risk of death, stroke and heart attack.
Obesity is now considered a public health problem and its prevalence, across all age groups, is increasing worldwide. In Brazil, IBGE data for 2014 show that 15% of children between 5 and 9 years old and 25% of adolescents are overweight or obese. The increase in these indices is mainly related to environmental factors such as reduced time spent on physical activities and changes in dietary habits, reduced fruit and vegetable intake and increased consumption of processed foods rich in sugars and fats, with a high caloric value.
As much as we take care, the absorbent does not always hold up for keeping track of menstruation. In these situations, it is common to happen small accidents, such as soiling the panties, the clothes and sometimes, depending on the flow, to the place where we are sitting This is normal and happens for different reasons ranging from a lack of attention at the time of put the absorbent, until hormonal changes that can increase menstrual flow in a given month.