Choosing a pediatrician should take into account indications and empathy of the child with the doctor
Your pediatrician is your child's first doctor, who will follow for many years his or her development, sometimes until adolescence or even more. Because of this, it is very important that parents know how to analyze the main factors for the choice of pediatrician. To help you with this important choice, I've put together some tips that should be taken into account, such as:
- Search, talk, ask friends and relatives. If possible, schedule an advance consultation. In this process, the maternal feeling usually has great weight in the assertive choice of the professional.
- The doctor needs to have patience with the parents, especially the inexperienced and anxious ones, and with the children, who often cry or become distraught during the consultations , due to fear of an unknown situation, so it's worth checking this out when choosing the specialist!
- Review the pediatrician's curriculum and make sure he has a thorough knowledge of childhood illness. Also check if he has a pediatric specialist title, this is of great importance!
- The availability of personal and remote / virtual access to the doctor is also important. Children can become sick any day, time and place.
- The distance between your home and the office should also be analyzed, as there is no point in having a good pediatrician located tens of kilometers away, which would make it difficult to provide care in cases of
- The office should be adapted to the needs of children, not only in the aesthetic criteria, but also in the maintenance of safety standards. It should also be equipped with all the necessary material for the general assistance of a baby, child and adolescent.
- In addition to the pediatrician (or other doctors in the same clinic), also observe the organization of the clinic or clinic and the receptivity of the other collaborators who work in it. Factors such as attention, dedication and caring make a lot of difference.
- Another important factor to be analyzed is the empathy that must exist between parents and babies / children with the pediatrician. If the parents and children have not sympathized with the doctor and if adapted with the consultations, a new professional can be chosen without problems.
Remember that your pediatrician is responsible for the health of your child. The choice of this professional should be taken seriously, with discretion, research and, of course, empathy.
Pregnant women who decide to induce labor without medical reason are taking unnecessary risks to their health and that of the baby, says a study by the World Health Organization (WHO) . The concern of physicians with this procedure has increased in recent years, since the induction of births on the mother's claim has become a very common practice.
Sleep is a fundamental physiological activity for the health and development (growth and learning) of the human being. As adolescence is a phase of great importance with regard to these two factors, attention to this time of day must be redoubled. According to the CDC, ideal sleep time for young people is around nine o'clock.