Stress can trigger onset of acne
It is not difficult to find people over 25 years of age, especially women, complaining of the appearance of pimples even without having had them during adolescence. An estimate made by the Brazilian Society of Dermatology pointed out that the cause of skin problems in each of three patients is emotional - such as stress, anxiety and depression. "
" Stress, when it is very intense, increases the production of cortisol and stimulates the androgenic hormones, which in turn trigger the sebaceous gland even more, "explains dermatologist Denise Steiner. According to the specialist, acne is associated with stress between 3 and 5% of cases.
A study conducted by the Free University of Berlin, Germany, showed that a a hormone (corticotropin releaser, or CRH) associated with stress, which affects the release of oils into the skin, may be a potential cause of skin problems.
According to the study, in addition to being produced by the central nervous system, CRH is also made by the sebaceous glands of the skin.
Denise states that the hormone involved in the production of acne through the stimulation of the sebaceous glands is androgen, which is male. "As a woman has little male hormone, any change can stimulate the gland and cause acne," he says. P>
Stress can trigger acne breakout - Photo: Getty Images
The expert stresses that acne in adulthood beyond being potentiated by stress, may appear in women with polycystic ovary or with hormonal changes.
According to Denise, there are no differences between the pimples caused by various factors.
Take care of your skin
Here are some basic precautions to get rid of or reduce the intensity of acne:
- Wash the skin gently and without exaggeration, twice a day, with neutral soap. Rubbing the skin does not prevent acne and may make the problem worse;
Avoid touching your skin. Squeezing a spine may appear to have temporarily disappeared, however, removing it may make it stay longer, causing swelling, irritation and red or brown scars
- Prevent the sun. Many acne medications can cause burns in some people. Staying in the sun for a long time can cause wrinkles and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Wash your hair regularly, especially if the wires are oily.
Scientists have researched for centuries what the function of female orgasm would be in the context of reproduction. A new study by a pair of scientists at Yale University in the United States shows that the orgasm of women is linked to their evolutionary past, when the hormonal discharge that accompanies the climax was necessary for the ovular woman.
Healing insomnia as individuals and not insomnia as a disease that strikes many people is the proposal of homeopathy. With individualized medications and changes in habits, the method also treats patients with sleepwalking, apnea, narcolepsy, and bruxism, among other sleep disorders. From the homeopaths point of view, these problems are symptoms of imbalance.
- Greek kiss: what it is, benefits and how to do
- Heartburn in Pregnancy May Be Associated With Hairy Babies
- Varicose veins are common in pregnancy and require special care
- Death of monkey by yellow fever closes Zoo of SP and Botanical Garden
- Genetic mapping detects disease, but must be done in conjunction with professional counseling