Suspected cases of dengue triplicate in São Paulo in 2018
By the third week of January 2018, 2,300 patients with suspected dengue fever were registered. In the same period, 674 cases were reported in the same period last year. The number of cases presented in the country this year is also lower than in the previous year. than last year. To date, 9,399 cases have been registered. In the same period of 2017, there were 16,860 cases. There are no deaths confirmed by dengue so far, 13 deaths last year.
According to the bulletin, among the diseases transmitted by Aedes aegypti in Brazil, dengue has the highest number of deaths. notifications since the beginning of 2018: 9,399 probable cases. The numbers were counted between December 31, 2017 and January 20 (week 3).
The highest number of cases recorded is in the Southeast region, with 4,066 (43.3% of the total). Then the regions: Central-West, with 2,481 suspected cases (26.4%); North, with 1,056 (11.2%); Northeast, with 914 (9.7%); and South, with 882 (9.4%).
Chikungunya is the second disease transmitted by Aedes aegypti with the highest number of cases in Brazil: 1,505 notifications were made up to January 20. Of these, 734 were confirmed and another 85 discarded. The Central West region was the most affected, with 603 cases (40.1%).
People who eat a lot of salt are no longer prone to having hypertension and people who eat more salt are at less risk of developing heart disease, according to a new European study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Until then, the recommendation was for people to consume less than 2,300 mg of salt per day, or 1,500 mg for those most likely to suffer from high blood pressure or heart disease.
July was the month chosen by the medical entities for the campaign to raise people's awareness about head and neck cancer, and July 7, World Head and Neck Cancer Day . The initiative was not by accident. According to INCA estimates, head and neck cancer (which affects the face, nasal cavities, paranasal sinuses, mouth, pharynx, larynx, thyroid, salivary glands, soft tissues of the neck, parathyroid and scalp) is now the second type of tumor malignant disease among men in Brazil, behind prostate cancer alone.
- Sodium hypochlorite has several functions, from washing fruits and vegetables, leaving the water for human consumption until killing the larvae of the mosquito Aedes aegypti, responsible for transmitting dengue, Zika virus, and chikungunya. "Sodium hypochlorite is a salt with great oxidizing power, used as a bleach and disinfectant." It is also known as bleach, says Paulo Olzon, general practitioner and professor at the Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP). of the product to have several us
- Bone marrow drug helps to fight breast cancer
- Cardiac Arrhythmia: 6 Facts You Need to Know About Atrial Fibrillation
- Rhinoplasty: plastic surgery remodels and decreases nose size
- 6 Anti-cellulite products on Black Friday promotion