Women who drink moderately age in a healthy way
Women who consume alcohol in a moderate manner every night tend to grow older in health, says a study from the Harvard School of Public Health, and published in the scientific journal PLoS Medicine. The analysis also concluded that it is better to drink smaller amounts over the week than to focus on alcohol consumption on weekends.
The survey was attended by 14,000 women in their 50s. They had their habits analyzed by a group of doctors and teachers of the institution during a period of 10 years. The authors found that women who drink in moderation, that is, two glasses of beer or one glass of wine per day, are 28 percent more likely to achieve what American scientists have called "healthy aging," which means a good level General experts do not know, however, whether it is the alcohol that generates the benefit or whether other things happen simultaneously in the lives of these women that make them healthier. . They also state that other factors such as smoking and lack of exercise could affect the results.
Protects the heart
People who drink alcohol in moderate or low amounts, on average, are healthier than abstainers, according to a European study at the Hospital de la Pitié in France, which studied nearly 150,000 people.
Study participants were divided into four groups, based on how they described their daily habits:
- People who
- People with low alcohol consumption (10 grams or less)
- People with moderate alcohol consumption (10-30 grams)
- People with high alcohol consumption (more than 30 grams).
Ten grams is equivalent to a small glass of alcoholic beverage. The researchers found that those who drink low or moderate amounts, between men and women, had better health than the abstainers. According to the researchers, they were also in a better state of health than those who drank too much.
WHO declares Zika virus an international public health emergency
According to WHO, the situation is worrisome mainly due to the absence of vaccines, rapid and reliable diagnostic tests and immunity of the population. For now, there is no reason for people to stop traveling to infected sites to prevent the disease from spreading. However, the recommendation changes for pregnant women, who should postpone travel to regions with Zika virus infection, and receive information about the risk of microcephaly and protect themselves from mosquito bites with repellents.
Know eight treatments for non-melanoma skin cancer
On the National Day to Combat Cancer of the Skin (November 30), the Brazilian Society of Dermatology (SBD) will promote a full day dedicated to examining the population for prevention and diagnosis of skin cancer. which is expected to register more than 140,000 new cases this year in Brazil, according to estimates by the National Cancer Institute (INCA).
- Breast Cancer: Treatment May Cause Libido Reduction
- Almost half of Brazilians are overweight, according to research released by the Brazilian Ministry of Health, which shows that almost half of the population suffers from overweight. Age and lifestyle habits influence
- 3 Genetic factors that hinder their diet, according to science <3> 9 <3> genetic factors that hinder their diet, according to science. A recent study by the University of California at Los Angeles in the United States showed that diets can not always result in short-term weight loss, as they may even cause the body to lose weight. weight gain. Researchers believe that genetic differences directly affect people's physical performance.
- Beware of hunger-controlling medicines